VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sun, March 15 2020, 6:39:35
Author: BfloGriff
Subject: Re: Howard Washington
In reply to: Links 's message, "Howard Washington" on Sun, March 15 2020, 5:06:04

How much eligibility does he have left?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: Howard Washington -- o a, Sun, March 15 2020, 7:48:49

i don't believe howard has played a lick in the last 2 years,,, considering his injury, his illness i do not feel he would be the player he was coming out of 2 years of prep school , he must be unbelievably rusty, then there is the ? about would he have to sit out a transfer year, it seems it would be a major gamble if he only had one year left, and could play right away, re pitino does iona have any morals or scruples? guess not win at any cost, supposedly 1.1 mil per year, who's next ? dave bliss? i see kevin marfo left Q, his second transfer, unless he is a 4th yr traansfer he would probably have to sit again

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Howard Washington -- Griff, Sun, March 15 2020, 8:08:38

Verbal commits is calling Washington a redshirt sophomore but the Syracuse website says redshirt junior. He played 148 minutes and scored 23 points this year. Marfo is a grad transfer eligible immediately.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Howard Washington -- CNY GRIFF, Sun, March 15 2020, 9:46:30

Washington played in 20 games for a total of 148 minutes. He received the ACC Bradley Award for courage for coming back from major knee surgery and a stroke.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Howard Washington -- Griffine, Sun, March 15 2020, 13:52:23

This kid has had a rough time since he left high school as a top prospect. The fact that he hardly played a lick at SU this season when the team had no other backup guards suggests he’s a shell of his former self. Too bad.

Another question: Does Aksum get a medical redshirt for the season and play as a freshman next year? I like this kid’s game and think he could become a nice addition to the rotation.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Howard Washington -- Griff, Sun, March 15 2020, 14:27:05

Regulation below. Akrum played in 9 of 32 games - all in the first half of the season. So he is eligible for a medical red shirt. I would assume that he and the program would be in favor of red shirting but you never know.

"For a player who participates in 30 percent or less of a team’s games during the year and all of those games are played in the first half of the season."

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Howard Washington -- CNY GRIFF, Sun, March 15 2020, 15:18:12

It is my understanding that the school has applied for a medical redshirt for Ahmed.

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.