VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tue, September 22 2020, 6:14:01
Author: BBallman
Subject: New players

Anyone see new players play? I know it is early but wondering if anyone has seen new players?
I am guessing that Green will start. Who will play point?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: New players -- Griff, Tue, September 22 2020, 16:41:43

I'm guessing Green gets a lot of minutes but wouldn't be surprised if that comes off the bench with White or Hitchon getting the starting nod with Jacco.

The point is a big question. Wouldn't shock me if it's Majesty at the beginning of the year and then possibly/hopefully giving up minutes to the better of Beyah and Fofana while Brandon then plays more two guard.

My guess at a starting line up in game one - Brandon, Harried, Henderson, White, Fritz.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: New players -- Cager, Wed, September 23 2020, 9:24:00

Griff, I hope and believe that Hitchon gets the start over White. Hitchon has some potential. White has been a major disappointment for three years. By the way, I haven't got any information from the College regarding season tickets, or annual giving. Is Tod still on board, and what is the status of Dennis? Go Griffs!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: New players -- Stay tuned it’s coming, Wed, September 23 2020, 12:25:23

Go Griffs!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: New players -- GoldenGriff32, Thu, September 24 2020, 3:36:34

Got mine more than a month ago. I have not sent in my money yet.I have 4 other business' holding my money for services that cant be provided.When we find out if we can see the games and how many, then I will send in the money. Blue and Gold is different, I have not received anything from them. That I will send in when I get the pledge card

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: New players -- Griffine, Wed, September 23 2020, 16:43:35

I think Akrum
will be a force this year. He’s a terrific athlete with a good handle and a nose for the ball. Harried needs to improve

his shootingand we need to give Fofana a shot at PG. majesty is not a distributor. Should be a nice battle for playing time at the 3 and 4 slots.

We need Jacco and Hitchon to step up big to counter the talent at Iona.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: New players -- CNY GRIFF, Thu, September 24 2020, 8:59:18

When I saw Jacco play in Boca Raton last December, I thought he was gonna set the league on fire. I know he was banged up for a lot of the season, but he can be a game changer. I agree that Majesty is better at the 2. As far as White and Hitchon, we’ve seen great play from both at times, but nothing consistent. I’m hoping that Green and Akrum will be a nice surprise, and Harried steps up his game this year. And If any of the newcomers turn out to actually be D 1 talent, wonderful.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: New players -- Griff, Thu, September 24 2020, 11:47:39

Majesty actually brought the ball up and initiated a lot of the offense last year in the attempt to give Malik "a break". Played it while Malik was on the bench too. The game has obviously changed. True "pass first" points are like fullbacks. And while they certainly need to lead, the way in which college basketball is now played requires everyone to be able to distribute. I think it is more of a matter of getting the back court guys on the floor and to me that is Brandon, Harried, and Henderson.

The other options at the point would be Beyah and Fofana. Despite the accolades, I can't really see them turning the team over immediately to a freshman point in such a strange year. And while I hope he turns into a similar sensation as Majesty, expecting that Fofana can jump from D-2 JUCO to being the starting point in game one may be a bit of reach.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: New players -- Old Griff Fan, Thu, September 24 2020, 17:44:27

Well I heard in the run with UB...White was White don't expect more. They played to 12 and UB won 2 or 3 but Canisius was blowing them out before the fights. All games had a lot of trash talking and chippy. UB player was doing most of the talking and boosting. Canisius split themselves into 2 teams of 5...I heard everyone was so so expect Majesty and Henderson. I heard the Zachary kid was saying he was the number 1 juco point but they stated Henderson cooked him and anyone else who guarded him. I heard Henderson knee looks much better and no brace...Green I believe when he gets health will start. I heard Fofana is Quick and Fast...I heard Fofana and Henderson played Beyah and Siem and the junior guards totally embarrassed them..The Griffs will be GOOD this year!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: New players -- Ok..., Thu, September 24 2020, 19:02:36

Difficult to make a lot of sense of this but apparently, someone "heard" a lot. Sounds like Henderson and Fofana look good.

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.