VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sat, December 12 2020, 6:51:47
Author: o a
Subject: griff's analysis was spot on

however the reason for the win was 2fold, only 8 turnovers, considering the fact that brandon is not a pg, and fofana showed no offense, they are not in the mold of malik, bam billy b and turner, they absolutely did not hurt the team, also their poise in stopping marist's runs at 3 ad 4 down, and rebuild the lead back to 8-10 was impressive, as to the absence of ahmede and brooks this shows again rw's contempt for the 6-8 griff fans by not informing them of anything eg., signed recruits, injuries to st. louis, rautins , henderson , its surprising that only one ooc game was scheduled, the fact that there is no bona or ub, really reflects badly on the supposed big 4, i think griff has written siem off far too soon, he did pick up his defense coniderably in the 2nd hald, i would wait until end of second year before judging freshmen, the most disappointing aspect of the win was the fact that fritz and siem spent virtually the whole game 15-20 feet away from the basket, fritz obviously is most effective down low, his 3 pointer was a fluke, whereas siem may be a defensive liability against quicker guards, his size would be helpful down low, i wonder if hitchon is planning a lawsuit against ub? all in all a good effort, although marist is not iona, considering there were 5 new players, all the covid related problems, and no white and hitchon, hopefully we can make it 2 in a row, a little frustrating that theere were no early signings as of yet

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: griff's analysis was spot on -- Griff, Sat, December 12 2020, 7:33:07

Thanks. I'm certainly not writing Siem off by any means. I just thought it was odd that he started and got more minutes than Harried.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: griff's analysis was spot on -- Old School (Hopeful), Sat, December 12 2020, 8:10:35

Marist shot themselves in the foot, resorting to too much one on one, especially freshman guard. Marist coach needs to manage their egos so that they look to make each other better. If not for their selfishness, this game might have been a different story.

We can't, We Can't, WE CAN'T rely on outside shooting. We need to ACHIEVE an inside presence or we will be on the outside looking in. At this time best outlook from this Old School (i.e., 68-72 grad) is to be just one game out of the PIG. Hope I'm wrong. One good thing the ball did move well amongst ourselves with minimal turnovers. Turnovers are the kiss of death and we avoided them. It will be tough tonight.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.