VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, January 04 2021, 8:09:04
Author: Joe
Subject: Re: to prove my point
In reply to: o a 's message, "to prove my point" on Mon, January 04 2021, 5:03:25

If one looks at the schools in the MAAC now, and then look at where they were 60+ years ago vis a vis Canisius, it is UN fathomable that anyone 60+ years ago would have foreseen the mediocrity that awaited the Canisius men’s’ basketball program. In the mid to late 1950’s Canisius was a very competitive program, which went to 3 straight NCAA tournaments and actually won games in all 3 years.
Monmouth, Rider, Siena, Iona...? Those schools may not even existed back then for all I know. It is sad. Don’t blame RW, just as it would be unfair to blame any individual coach during this long slide to insignificance.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: to prove my point -- Well said Joe, Mon, January 04 2021, 9:30:01

We need to embrace our history and look to revive it. Go Griffs!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: to prove my point -- GoldenGriff32, Tue, January 05 2021, 3:47:35

Those Beilein years were great, 1 NCAA bid,2 NIT's including a Final 4 berth. Meeks,Barley, Wise, what a threesome. The Jimmy Baron years brought the 2nd greatest Griff after Larry Fogle.How enjoyable, even though they didn't make the big tournament, the Griffs played in 3 straight CIT's with multiple wins. Will never forget the Youngstown st. game winning in ot after being down by 20 something.I think Billy had 30.Now it seems like Reggie looks to run the best player off the team, Robertson, Reese,Molson

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: to prove my point -- Nice job of connecting the dots., Tue, January 05 2021, 14:04:47

We’ve had success but we’re now stuck in neutral and sliding backwards. How we all hope that there will be a change. Give me a Patrick Beilein or a Jimmy Baron.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: to prove my point -- Pat Beilein and Jimmy Baron?, Wed, January 06 2021, 8:00:43

You all realize that Baron Jr. has zero coaching experience and that Beilein and Niagara parted ways (and for less than wholesome reasons), right?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: to prove my point -- Griffs2020, Wed, January 06 2021, 20:08:26

They don’t. PB will need to earn his way back into good graces for awhile before any school gives him another shot at HC, and JBJ will have to serve some time as an assistant before getting a head job. But this board is obsessed with those two last names.

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.