VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Fri, January 08 2021, 8:27:24
Author: CNY GRIFF
Subject: Another example

I have been donating to several CC teams for many years. I usually get an email or text from those coaches thanking me for my donation. I have never received such from a men’s basketball associate since Reggie’s been here. Below is the letter I received from women’s lacrosse coach Allison Daley.
Dear James,

As we turn the page on the 2020 calendar year, we are also turning the page on our fundraising efforts. Our Come Together Fundraising Campaign was a great success, thanks in large part to supporters like you. Since the launch of our campaign on October 15, 121 donors contributed in raising $15,790 for the Canisius Women’s Lacrosse program. This money is necessary in helping us strive for our standard of excellence both on and off the field.

I am so appreciative of all of the gifts made to our program this semester, but I am not the only one. Our 35 student athletes understand what is required to successfully play a 2021 spring season. Because of this, we worked incredibly hard to stay diligent in our preparation methods this offseason. I am proud of the discipline and determination our student athletes displayed during this incredibly difficult semester. Our team would not be in a position to compete without gifts like yours to the Canisius Women’s Lacrosse program.

Thank you for your help and support of our team. We look forward to having you at our games again, and we are excited to get back on the field to prove to all of our fans that everyday is a great day to be a Griffs Women’s Lacrosse fan!

Thank you again, and Go Griffs!

Head Coach Allison Daley

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Another example -- Only so much tolerance for .500, Fri, January 08 2021, 11:16:51

If you aren't winning 20 games annually, not winning conference championships, you HAVE to interact with fans. Honestly, the fan engagement and two degrees in four years story are how Parrotta stayed at Canisius so long.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Another example -- Griffine, Fri, January 08 2021, 13:15:35

I have the same story to tell. Never a thank you note from any MBB coaches Arrogance? Entitllement?
Or simply ungrateful for a fan’s fiinancial support? Disgusting display

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Another example -- The power of the pen, Fri, January 08 2021, 15:06:31

Words matter and taking the time to express gratefulness / appreciation helps to make a more meaningful connection. Go Griffs!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Another example -- D, Sun, January 10 2021, 7:54:17

CNY GRIFF- I get the same type of thank you and appreciation from Men's Lacrosse. In email form and an actual signed note from players in the mail.

BTW - both head coaches are former Griff athletes. They get it.

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.