VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sat, March 06 2021, 8:03:17
Author: PFM
Subject: Re: Giving Day
In reply to: BfloGriff 's message, "Re: Giving Day" on Sat, March 06 2021, 3:17:19

No dream...50 million is the number published in the paper

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Giving Day -- BfloGriff, Sun, March 07 2021, 6:46:09

Son of a gun! I didn't see that. When and in what paper? Maybe The Powers That Be are planning something after all. $50M could finish Science Hall as it was intended to be. Will the $35M as estimated for that still be enough? IMO as originally described after the property was purchased and the plans were published, it would be a magnet for science an premed students. Some of the additional $$ should go to some some creative P.R. In the meantime, back to Hoops.In this strange MAAC season, Reggie and staff have done a remarkable job. But more interaction with the alumni and fans would help, IMO. P.S.will more info be coming from T.P.T.B.?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Giving Day -- PFM, Sun, March 07 2021, 14:03:02

Obviously, my HS was not local to Buffalo....and, yes there were some major gifts on Giving Day (a match to all contributions) and for the Capital Campaign ($5 million from a Hong Kong resident) among others. It's a great school with numerous highly successful graduates but here's my point. Through four States and a dozen different addresses and long (decades) before the internet I received numerous yearly contacts from the school....Capital Campaigns, Giving Day, Galas & Dances, Silent Auctions, Reunions, educational and sporting event news....you name it, they communicated it to alumni, parents, friends and family....they keep track of (almost} everyone. In contrast, for CC Giving Day I didn't know it was happening until it was over; team twitter account posts are infrequent or nearly dormant. So draw your own conclusions as to what the problem is and what the solution is!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.