VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, March 15 2021, 13:56:30
Author: o a
Subject: if rw is being fired do it immediately do not linger, if he

is going to be extended do that immediately, you cannot afford to wait either way, however knowing the way cc operates i do not expect an announcement for quite awhile, especially if he is extended, if they fire him i do not really expect any really exciting candidates to apply, this job is probably one of the worst div 1 bball jobs in the country, for so many reasons that all of you know so i will not list them and waste your time, i can not see any hot asst risking his career coming here, i suppose pb might really excite fans based on our and nu's perception of him being possibly like his dad, however he may be doomed by the nu fiasco,, if they are looking for a new coach expect a retread, my guess is rw will be back, after all he has a winning record, and expect a long and drawn out process just like the hiring of hemer turned out to be , and look how that turned out, also realizing the best they could get was a coach from geneseo st

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: if rw is being fired do it immediately do not linger, if he -- CNY GRIFF, Mon, March 15 2021, 18:42:31

Yes, a 5 year record of 73-71, barely winning. His record the last three years (with his own recruits ), 34-43.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: if rw is being fired do it immediately do not linger, if he -- Buffalo Super Fan, Mon, March 15 2021, 19:43:42

Secondary Canisius Buffalo centric logo mark is a must or you mind we’ll just do nothing because you’re not trying to change and add new interest and revenue. I don’t want to hear from some Canisius fans unwilling to change. Buffalo logo centric stores are popping up all over Buffalo and Canisius has nothing to really suggest it give a hoot about what we in Buffalo want today. If that is a Buffalo with the word Canisius or Buffalo with Griffs or Buffalo with a Griffs logo pattern in the Buffalo on t-shirts, New Era hats and Buffalo on a alternative jersey available to sell online as secondary marks to what Canisius presently has to raise new revenue streams and new interest to create some local media buzz is a must if the Griffs ever want to be taken seriously in this area again.

Forget the excuses the Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres there just excuses. UB Bulls sells three different color Bulls head logos something for everyone and Canisius still runs things like 1990. Bottom line hiring a coach cost money. Building a bigger fan base requires new fresh ideas something very lacking at Canisius. Don’t give me St Bonaventure Bonnies they get more money from the A-10 in a multi bid league on television weekly with a bigger fan base in Buffalo/Olean then Canisius in Buffalo/WNY which as a Canisius alum is embarrassing. UB state school with more money and also fresher ideas. Canisius needs change and to tap into a changing Buffalo. Believe me I was conservative with my ideas. Truth is if I was in change Canisius name would be gone completely for Buffalo College like Boston College with either Griffs or a complete nick name logo change matching our future going forward with the Buffalo waterfront. I want winner and to see an athletics program that is modern and sellable in Buffalo going forward. Does this schools fan base want to be a loser in the MAAC with the name Canisius that you can’t grow athletically or as a school with. My way Buffalo College you have a chance to someday maybe get our school in the Big East Conference. Canisius-Buffalo was my compromise because there are Canisius alums just the thought of dropping Canisius is a no go because they reject change. Again the school is not going forward in a big way ever without the Buffalo community buying in. If Canisius was the answer the school would have been in the Big East in 1979 after the NBA Buffalo Braves left Buffalo in 1978. Major name changes and thought process is needed at Canisius. Again the school needs to look what is realistic short term I get that and then for growth long term.

Buffalo wants big time not small time. A coaching change really accomplishes not much because the coach will just leave for a bigger job. If Hartford, Connecticut and Providence, Rhode Island can have Big East so can Buffalo, New York. Change the school name small time thought process to raise revenue so the school can make Buffalo a real college basketball player instead this slop we have now. Firing Reggie Witherspoon is cosmetic it doesn’t change the bottom line mid major MAAC with the Canisius name is a very tough sell in Buffalo in my opinion. Let’s Go Buffalo

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: if rw is being fired do it immediately do not linger, if he -- BfloGriff, Tue, March 16 2021, 8:23:46

Both of the above make some valid points (certainly exclusive of the name change to "Buffalo College". Yikes!). But IMO this is absolutely the worst time in the 150 years of Alma Mater to make a coaching change. As some may have noticed, WE GOT NO $$!We had to fir the D.O.B.O., for Pete's sake. Some want to blame the A.D.. Guess what; he has to work within a budget provided for him by THE POWERS THAT BE. T.G.T.B.have recently shown some life for the post Covid era by letting us know they are re-imagining the curiculum and launching a $50M development program in 2022. These days, as our lunch is getting eaten by N.U., S.B.U., D'Youville, Daemen, SUNYC@B and The University @ Buffalo (which is really closer to Lockport), among others, it is time, IMO,for The College of St. Peter Canisius in Buffalo (Better yet University), to suck it up, get her act together, and become again the important school she once was. And lets get that going with a bang up P.R. campaign for the 2022 plans, ASAP! And please, something included about a D-1 sports program matching our new academic status. No amount of $$ can replace "Jesuit" IMO.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: if rw is being fired do it immediately do not linger, if he -- BfloGriff, Tue, March 16 2021, 8:56:23

T.P.T.B., not T.G.T.B.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: if rw is being fired do it immediately do not linger, if he -- LOL, Tue, March 16 2021, 8:57:02

"Buffalo logo centric stores are popping up all over Buffalo". Oh my God this guy. We are not turning the basketball program around by selling "Canisius-Buffalo" or "Buffalo College" keychains and t-shirts in the Buffalo Store at the McKinley mall. I still think these are joke posts from the Buffalo Sports Fan. At least I hope no one really thinks this line of thinking is anything but absurd.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: if rw is being fired do it immediately do not linger, if he -- The guy knows nothing about branding., Tue, March 16 2021, 9:43:16

The guy loves Buffalo & Canisius I get it but the two don’t need to be marketed together. The more simple the message the better. Go Griffs!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: if rw is being fired do it immediately do not linger, if he -- D, Tue, March 16 2021, 9:00:13

yeah...... because the NEW YORK branding so well for UB...
get real.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: if rw is being fired do it immediately do not linger, if he -- What???, Tue, March 16 2021, 9:00:52

You would drop the name Canisius??? Are you f***ing kidding?

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.