VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Fri, March 19 2021, 12:02:52
Author: Buffalo Super Fan
Subject: Re: Siena negotiates extension for Maciariello
In reply to: NYP 's message, "Siena negotiates extension for Maciariello" on Thu, March 18 2021, 15:45:25

Again we can all say I want Canisius to spend $1 million on a basketball coach or even the $800,000 to $900,000 range that St Bonaventure Bonnies likely pays Mark Schmidt. But the Bonnies draw better and are in a multi bid A-10 conference that has bigger television money payments. Bottom line it isn’t just the current Canisius administration the past Canisius administration when Canisius had access to the old Buffalo AUD when conferences were forming really missed the boat. Who thought that Canisius should not have followed the Bonnies to the old Eastern eight I think if memory is right before the A-10 conference was a completely shortsighted with no forward thinking vision. I am sorry but the nonsense that oh Canisius was on probation is just excuses for shortsighted administration decisions at Canisius College. If what former Buffalo Braves owner Paul Snyder was saying is accurate in the Buffalo News article with Bucky Gleason a couple years ago that the Buffalo Braves offered more than $100,000 to give up Saturday nights Canisius should have taken that free money to use to buy Canisius into the Eastern Eight with the Bonnies. The Buffalo Braves even with Saturday night’s would have had problems long term in Buffalo so the Griffs would have pocketed $100,000 plus to use towards conference upgrades plus got Saturday’s back. Because Buffalo wasn’t big enough corporate wise to keep two major winter sports NHL and NBA.

The Griffs were shortsighted and still are. Refusing to change to grow revenue streams is the reason why Griffs basketball is in the situation it is in. We use to be at Canisius Loyola-Chicago but no I am Canisius alum I scared and stubborn to change. Canisius-Buffalo is too long and scary. All I know is this Canisius alum and Griffs basketball team manager alum is currently watching Loyola-Chicago as I post this message while my Canisius Golden Griffins has gone home not even making it to the MAAC quarterfinals. But everything is ok Canisius-Buffalo is a terrible idea let’s just stay on the same sorry path we’re on shameful and embarrassing in my opinion. Go Griffs! Let’s Go Buffalo

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: Siena negotiates extension for Maciariello -- Paul Snyder is a liar..., Sat, March 20 2021, 10:02:21

Paul Snyder is a blowhard scumbag liar. The college was never offered that money, which would have been a king's ransom. Frank Layden, not one to ever defend Canisius, has gone on record saying that offer was a lie.

https://www.artvoice.com/2016/04/24/buffalo-braves-saga-not-lionize-paul-snyder/

As for Loyola-Chicago, again, the name is born from there being FOUR Loyola's and three of four have geographic modifiers.

The only relevant and long-term fix Canisius needs is to hire a full-time assistant/associate AD for fan development/advancement and have them raise $600,000 to $1,000,000 annually. Dennis Misko is great, but he's pulled in too many directions .

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Siena negotiates extension for Maciariello -- Makes sense., Sat, March 20 2021, 18:22:36

Let’s get out of this COVID Hell and put some pressure on the administration to do more with men’s basketball. How did we lose to an 11th seed is what they should be asking our coaches.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.