VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, March 22 2021, 10:35:30
Author: I don't think the school has tossed in the towel
Subject: Re: i believe rw has been a head coach for 18 years
In reply to: o a 's message, "i believe rw has been a head coach for 18 years" on Mon, March 22 2021, 3:29:09

The school has messed up when it has come to their long term vision. They got too comfortable and didn't focused on staying current. They put too much faith of trying to stay local vs regional. Dumb idea, population of WNY has been shrinking since the mid 70"s. They need to be attracting less kids from 716 who are making CC their safety school. Draw kids from other area codes will have an immediate connection to your bottom line (room / board). We've been part of CBI & CIT. Yes, we paid to get in but we had some teams worthy of the experience. When Baron left, we should have conducted a search. Reggie and his team inherited talent and barring some transfers the Griff's should have won the MAAC and cut down the nets. We didn't and the program has been coasting ever since. All of us are looking for some sort of change. We have a .500 coach and with the current state they will maintain. The duration of the content will most likely be shortened and the salaries will remain flat. If you're not happy then tell the leadership of the school. I still can't figure out how we lost to an 11th seed.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: i believe rw has been a head coach for 18 years -- Buffalo Super Fan, Tue, March 23 2021, 13:07:25

As a Griffs basketball fan I think there are a lot of positives going forward. The biggest is the positive things happening in downtown Buffalo that has been there. The Griffs need to capitalize on that going forward. Remember the Griffs are competing in the MAAC with other private schools like themselves it isn’t like we are asking Reggie Witherspoon to win the ACC. Reggie Witherspoon is limited I get that he has trouble winning the big games. He showed that at UB embarrassingly getting out coached in the Ohio Bobcats game when the UB Bulls were stacked during the Turner Battle era of UB basketball. But Reggie Witherspoon runs a clean program and that is important to remember.

Plus the Canisius AD was at UB at the same time as Reggie Witherspoon to fire Reggie Witherspoon Canisius might have to fire the Canisius AD and I am not sure Canisius administration would even know how to go from there or want or have the money to take your pick. But the bottom line sports are fun and remember few in Buffalo thought UB would ever win in FBS football let alone win back to back bowl games and be ranked in the top 25 in major college football last year. So you never know and there were plenty of UB fans that wanted Lance Leipold fired because he was a Division 3 coach and now UB fans don’t want to lose him to a bigger program in my opinion. Go Griffs! Let’s Go Buffalo

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.