VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Fri, June 25 2021, 19:36:10
Author: Buffalo Super Fan
Subject: Re: Is the sky really falling?
In reply to: BfloGriff 's message, "Is the sky really falling?" on Mon, June 21 2021, 12:09:03

The sky isn’t falling but as Canisius Golden Griffins alum and former basketball team manager it breaks my heart how low Canisius Golden Griffins basketball has fallen along with Niagara Purple Eagles basketball that should never have happened in the first place. When I was a kid Buffalo Memorial Auditorium double headers drew 10,000 to 11,000 for a Saturday Night game there. It never had to come to this and still doesn’t have to. Only Canisius and Niagara are hurting themselves. Like I said I am loyal to four Buffalo Big 4 schools because I went to all four schools games as a kid before I ever went to Canisius College to school.

Canisius can win ten national championship and my loyalty is with Buffalo/Western New York first as a Buffalo sports fan. So again Canisius can do whatever they want as heart broken as I am about Griffs basketball I am still a Griffs fan as long as there Division I basketball school. But I am also a fan of the other 3 Big 4 basketball schools. The Buffalo Bills and St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball are loaded and this season offer Buffalo it’s two best chances at a National Championship for Buffalo this season. See how that works the goal is to win a National Championship for Buffalo. Even back in the day when I was at Canisius even against the odds for a small private school the goal was to win a National Championship for Buffalo that is why there is a score board not be happy with slop and say oh well golly gee wiz. I don’t care what some clown Canisius alum with a Buffalo inferiority complex thinks about Griffs basketball or what some Canisius professor with there own agendas thinks about Griffs basketball. Canisius basketball is a Division I basketball school the goal is to win a National Championship for Buffalo and WNY period yearly that should always be the goal. Now are the odds against that sure because there is only one National basketball championship yearly in men’s basketball.

Too many people at Canisius don’t get that if Griffs basketball team is successful the school of Canisius grows and becomes bigger hence more money for professor with his own agendas gets more money. Canisius potentially gets rid of Division I basketball good luck with that line of crazy thought. Canisius alum or not the school will never see another dime of my money again. Again I am just speaking for myself as a Canisius alum second loyalty first is always to Buffalo/WNY loyalty first. So yes I am a huge Griffs basketball team but I am partying and going to the parade if the Bonnies or Purple Eagles or Bulls won because they are all from WNY. I don’t support non Division I area Buffalo/WNY schools sorry Daemon College basketball or Buffalo State basketball. If Canisius and Niagara potentially dropped Division I basketball I would say that is a shame oh well at least as a Buffalo/WNY sports fan I still have UB basketball, football and St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball that hasn’t lost there minds see how that works. Canisius and Niagara are fooling themselves if they think that there schools can grow with no Division I athletics Buffalo/WNY I believe would just focus on UB and St Bonaventure than in my opinion. Go Griffs! Let’s Go Buffalo

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: Is the sky really falling? -- We get the point., Sat, June 26 2021, 10:25:24

The issue is the school hasn’t kept up with what is need to be a mid major. Bona invests and also the school leverages basketball for almost all alumni functions. We made strides when Beilein was here and then screwed it up with MacDonald & Parrotta. Baron was getting us on track and his untimely retirement didn’t help the program. Not sure what would be the words to describe this group of coaches. We would all welcome a change. Unfortunately it won’t happen with Hurley at the helm. Go Griffs!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Is the sky really falling? -- GoldenGriff32, Tue, June 29 2021, 7:13:44

If the Griffs ever drop D1 ball, I will never attend another Canisius sporting event. Does the school realize every time the Griffs play their scores are shown on the ESPN networks at least 20 times a night, in addition to CBSSN,NBCSN,and FS1. You can't pay for that free advertisement.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.