VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Thu, July 22 2021, 21:59:08
Author: Buffalo Super Fan
Subject: Re: Hurley retiring after this academic year
In reply to: Griff Man 's message, "Re: Hurley retiring after this academic year" on Thu, July 15 2021, 11:43:40

Look don’t focus on what the Canisius Golden Griffins basketball team is drawing today 1,200 it is no more relevant than Griffs basketball drawing 11,000 at Buffalo Memorial Auditorium. You can’t draw more than 2,000 at the KAC for big home games St Bonaventure, Niagara and UB. Those games would draw 5,000 plus marketed right if the Griffs basketball team didn’t win a game all season. Again a new or renovated KAC just would be totally different sports entertainment experience than what the Griffs basketball is offering Griffs fans and Buffalo sports fans right now. Think more Buffalo Bisons Sahlen’s Field with bar areas to draw actual adults. Because like UB Bulls football and basketball with alcohol sales forget the students there going to do what there going to do. Look at UB they drew 800 to 1,000 to games when they were in the East Coast Conference Mid Con Conference I know I was there UB is ten minutes from my home.

UB Bulls changed the game experience with alcohol sales, video replays boards you aren’t getting an adult sports entertainment experience you are presently getting one step barely above high school and that is disaster for drawing Buffalo sports fans. Buffalo fans for the most part aren’t supporting high school game experience for $7 it is failing terrible with Griffs basketball. Winning and losing no team in America can guarantee winning but you can guarantee fun adult sports entertainment experience for Buffalo sports fan's.

Again the choice is Canisius College not mine or anyone Griffs fan unfortunately. I am just one Griffs fans the truth what made the AUD special alcohol sales you could buy beer at KAC you can’t bye bye Buffalo sports fans the Griffs basketball wasn’t adult anymore. The Griffs need to come out of 1960’s “Father Knows Best” tv show mentality this 2021 or we’re done long term unfortunately in Division I basketball. Again anyone that tells you it is the Buffalo Bills or the Buffalo Sabres are lying to oneself.

Explain UB? Don’t tell me the UB student they don’t care for the most part like Canisius. UB Bulls created a sports entertainment experience at family affordable prices that is grown up with beer, tailgating and fun. Canisius has light brite scoreboard, no alcohol sales at KAC. Restroom facilities outdated not enough, box office outdated, social media almost none. Why aren’t GoGriffs.com having coaches shows online of Reggie Witherspoon like UB on there website? Why are we getting to know the Griffs basketball players through there online athletics website that our Canisius journalism program can do for work study?

Hello is anyone awake in Canisius athletics office? I am just a Canisius alum who is a Griffs fan. I don’t get paid to work for the Griffs all these ideas are off the top of my head because I care. It doesn’t cost a lot of money to grow your internet on your own website it is beyond embarrassing. Again what do I know? But Canisius needs to step up with basketball because we are getting to a point with Griffs basketball where it will be too late. Look at the stuff going on with the Power 5 and Group of 5 football playing schools? They want schools in 2,000 seat glorified high gyms that aren’t trying to produce revenue and improve themselves out of the money divide for the NCAA tournament or at least minimum standards where Canisius facilities wise is no where near. Alabama doesn’t want to hear Griffs basketball can’t because of the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres. They will say UB and St Bonaventure make the NCAA and try to improve themselves how come there not making old myth excuses it is the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres fault Canisius?

Explain the Buffalo Bandits drawing that use to be Griffs basketball games on a Saturday night. But the KAC was never built to host Division I basketball in the first place plus snoozing with no booze you lose that is reality for Griffs basketball future if we don’t wake up. The Buffalo Bandits you have food options, alcohol options replay boards with game highlights this 2021 not 1961 that isn’t the present KAC experience. I don’t know if Griffs fans can’t see that I guess it is hopeless than. I see the sky the limit for Griffs basketball if Canisius College just tried to be better. It isn’t just simply winning and losing you need a modern 5,000 seat Griffs athletic center for basketball games. You want at least 5,000 because that expands your Griffs basketball fan base so you can charge more money for sponsorship or Griffs basketball games in my opinion. Go Griffs! Let’s Go Buffalo

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.