VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wed, September 08 2021, 20:32:21
Author: Buffalo Super Fan
Subject: Re: Schedule Announced
In reply to: Griff 's message, "Schedule Announced" on Fri, August 27 2021, 6:06:22

Why do you hate UB and Bona? But only hate Niagara when Canisius plays them? If anything hate Canisius for not keeping up with UB and Bona marketing wise. Look I just bought a preordered for October grey alternative Bonnies jersey of Kyle Lofton number 0 because of NIL now schools can sell the players name and likeness for the Bonnies A-10 basketball season because I am a Buffalonian, a Buffalo sports fan, a Bonnies basketball fan because it is fun to be a Buffalo sports fan. Bona offers all there star players t-shirts and jerseys in home, away and alternative like normal sports teams like the Bills and Sabres star players that is called smart for business in 2021.

What is UB doing nothing when it comes to marketing there stars football and basketball players. Again I am a fan of UB that is on UB for being shortsighted marketing wise. Same deal with Canisius and Niagara that don’t know how to market there stars on t-shirts and jerseys with NIL now. I am a Buffalo fan and supporter of all four schools. But I don’t make excuses for shortsighted of Canisius which I am alum just because I am a Canisius alum and a Griffs fan. I tell it like it is the four Western New York schools the Bonnies basketball market there stars like the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres. Bonnies Kyle Lofton jersey I will wear like Bills Josh Allen Sabres Jack Eichel and Bisons Vladimir Guerrero JR jerseys I also own. Sure I would buy a Kevin Marks UB Bulls football star jersey if UB produced them but there as shortsighted as Canisius and Niagara basketball when it comes to things like that.

Again ask yourself your 18 years old again today are you going to Canisius, Niagara, UB that puts no money in a players pocket with selling NIL for t-shirts, jerseys or are you going to St Bonaventure Bonnies that sells jersey and t-shirts with the star athlete gets a check once a month? It really isn’t hard people let’s not make it harder than it has to be. Hating on a school that markets better because the school we went to Canisius is shortsighted and has leadership that acts like it’s the 1950’s still. Professional and college sports are big business today. If Canisius keeps this up we will have more worries than renovating KAC for Griffs basketball. Our Canisius athletics administration is incompetent they all should be fired yesterday isn’t soon enough. Reggie Witherspoon is amateur hour as a coach, recruiter and marketing NIL forget it the man doesn’t get NIL isn’t a bad thing it is good for the players they get some money. It is good for the fans because we can now buy t-shirts and jerseys of our favorite star college players everyone wins with NIL.

Canisius isn’t getting recruits now that are any good NIL is just putting the Griffs further behind. The Bonnies basketball revenue I believe will grow because down there they get it Buffalo fans want big league in there college football and basketball programs not shortsighted and amateur hour always with the excuse well the Bills and Sabres are why we can’t do this or that? What my Buffalo sports fandom isn’t just Bills and Sabres. Again yes the Bills and Sabres drive the market place in Western New York but there is room for other sports teams to support like Griffs, UB, Bonnies and Purple Eagles. Look the Toronto Blue Jays showed if you do things in a major league way Buffalo fans will come. If Buffalo was this poor place there would be no Buffalo Bandits, Bisons, Toronto Blue Jays in Buffalo that is a myth and just a excuse the Griffs basketball can’t do this or that because of the Bills and Sabres in my opinion. Go Griffs! Let’s Go Buffalo

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: Schedule Announced -- Are you a student?, Fri, September 10 2021, 1:45:34

Buffalo Super Fan, what's your background?

If you're a student, intern in the Department of Athletics. If you're a donor/fan, share these insights directly with staff.

Your optimism and passion are great. The reality is that it costs money to make money. Bona has several staff whose ONLY jobs are to make the school money through licensing and fundraising. UB has 11 people dedicated to marketing, licensing, and fundraising.

Canisius doesn't have the state money or history of LARGE donors to support that.

Does that mean that Canisius gets a pass for everything? No. Should Canisius hire someone exclusively to lead fan development/fundraising the way Manhattan did? Yes.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Schedule Announced -- GoldenGriff32, Tue, September 14 2021, 2:47:36

First of all I agree that Canisius for too many years has gone on the cheap. Reggie,Maher etc appear not to have the vision to grow this program. It appears they are actually killing the program.I cheer for UB football because we do not have a team. They are Buffalo's college football team. I will cheer for Niagara when the Griffs aren't playing them, like I do for other MAAC teams when they are playing out of conference. Bona and UB think they are better than us. How does Niagara not play Bona or UB this year. F them, I know how I would have felt if that was the Griffs.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Schedule Announced -- BfloGriff, Tue, September 14 2021, 6:31:52

I'm not sure I agree on Bill Maher. He has to work within a budget put in place by the Administration. That gets him to "on the cheap". These days Niagara is way out-doing Canisius. Their apparently talented young coach is doing a fine job by everything that appears on Voy. He has an impressive group of 2022 recruits lining up,maybe including the second coming of Bob Lainier or Mike Smrek. Every time I see one of those NU, "Power of Niagara" quick spots on TV, I think, how many incoming students does that cost CC?. In the meantime at Main and Jefferson from the Administration to the Athletics Office (Men's BB)- seems nothin's happenin'. We are rumored to have a meaningful improvement in enrollments this semester, including from out of state. But no pub on that; not even by e-mail to the Alums. How about some numbers ASAP? We'll probably be waiting breathlessly in the Spring for some word on commits for Men's hoops. Will we still be waiting to learn then who the new CC President is, after a "Nation Wide Search"? If she/he is not the right person with real vision and a lot of enthusiasm, God help us (seriously). St. Peter Canisius, please schedule an appointment to talk with Him.

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.