VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: Actually, Judi, where you live...there must be homes to die for...gosh, New England homes! There's one particular area in my neck of the woods where all the homes were built in the early 1900's -- they don't build homes like they used to for the rich! Those homes in that area appropriately called "Mount Royal" are more like mansions -- lots of stonework in the exterior, massive yards with gates and lush with trees, shrubs and gardens. I love driving through that area to and from work especially the streets where all the tree branches from both sides of the road touches to form an arched tree-lined street...well, you know what I mean! LOL! Now, don't even get me started on plantation style homes -- I'd live in one if / when I win the lotto!

Author:
Miss Julie
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:57:59 10/05/06 Thu
In reply to: Miss Julie 's message, "I love the look of old world...not sure how you would categorized that. Basically, interior decor from films I've seen that were set in the 20s, 30s & 40s and some 50s are my favourite! I love those endless grand staircases -- the main focus really in most homes of eras gone by. Thankfully, they are building more and more new homes nowadays depicting the staircase as the main focus. I love the look of wood, too -- dark wood! I love ceilings encased in wood and walls, etc. The more details the better! And I love wood floors! I'm not crazy about the 60s & 70s home interior; although, they are popping up again!" on 22:47:55 10/05/06 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject:
There are some great ones, here & there. We have a Catholic school/mansion in town, and sometimes they have it opened for tours (they've also had it redone inside by various decorators) and i'd love to live there! it's got the grand wooden staircase, gorgeous, and a circular room or two on the upper floors, with windows all around....lots of great wood on the walls downstairs, & on the fireplaces. i also love little alchoves & window seats! Funny though, i love good modern style, as well.

Author:
Judi.....rubbing my Aladin's Lamp for my dream home!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:08:13 10/07/06 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: ps...Where l'd LOVE to live, is on an island in a group of islands nearby (Kimmie, you must be very familiar with the Thimbles?!) There are some cool old homes on some of them, and whenever we cruise around them, l dream of having morning tea out on a sunny rock, there! Also, l went to a shrink once (yes l did! anxiety an' all) wow, he had a great old stone & wood home...it smelled wonderful...like stone & wood! ha...i loved being there, & was sad when he said l was ok & didn't have to come back..

Author:
Judi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:19:17 10/07/06 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.