VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: Oh and PS: My on-line friend from one of the forums I also frequent came to see me all the way from Southampton England! It's the 1st time I have met someone in person that I've met on-line! We had such a blast! I got to take her to all my favourite spots in my part of Canada, especially the Rocky Mountains (Banff & Lake Louise)...ahhh, we had such a great time!

Author:
Miss Julie
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:16:27 11/02/06 Thu
In reply to: Miss Julie 's message, "COOL!!!" on 18:11:42 11/02/06 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Oh, that's awesome! Sounds like a great time! i have some happy news, my kiddo, Laura, will be coming home (from Albuquerque) to visit, just after New Years!! i didn't think we'd be seeing each other this year. Oh, Shop Around Corner is an alltime homey fave of mine! Which one was it, Jimmy Stewart or Van Johnson?

Author:
Judi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:28:41 11/02/06 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: P.S....Ohh, Budapest! That would be Jimmy and Margaret Sullavan. i remember Bob Osborne saying that it was adapted from a Hungarian play, and Ernst Lubitsch wanted it to be set in Budapest....i think there was some disagreement on that, but he won out. l forget the name of the Van Johnson/lrene Dunne one.....i prefer the one you saw, except l'd like to see SZ Sakall (the shop owner) in both...he's cute!

Author:
Judi...just rambling..
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:47:51 11/02/06 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Yesss, it was the one with Jimmy & Margaret. I loved the shop owner, too! He was a real character...and oh, the young feller who was the shop's delivery boy...he was somethin' else! Wasn't SZ Sakall also the Wizard in W of Oz??? BTW, I thought the remake with Meg Ryan & Tom Hanks was quite cute, too. I am a sucker for cutesy flicks:)

Author:
Miss Julie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:44:39 11/06/06 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Oh, so am i! (cutesy films) Actually, SZ was in the remake, with Van Johnson. He's the fat-faced Hungarian who's cheeks they always tweaked. The one you're thinking of was...ummmhummm...i think, Frank Morgan? And yup, he was also in the Wizard. Oh yeah, the young guy, he was a card. And i also love Felix Breshart (sp) but again, which one was he in...not sure! He played the unassuming clerk, kind of nerdy. ii

Author:
Judi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:04:15 11/07/06 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: BTW, i finally looked up the remake of 'Shop', and the title is 'ln the Good Old Summertime', with Van Johnson and Judy Garland...and S.Z. Many say it's a poor copy, but i feel it has it's moments....i do like 'Cuddles', and the music aspect of this one appeals to me. if i had to vote for one, it'd be 'Shop', but 'Summertime' is wonderful, as well.

Author:
J*
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:10:20 11/15/06 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: How GREAT that Laura is coming home in the new year! What a lovely Christmas present! My niece is in Uni (her 1st year) only 3 hours drive away...and she is constantly homesick! Can't win, huh? When she was living at home, she was always finding excuses to get away...now, she is finding excuses to come home! LOL! Enjoy your time with Laura...has she done any plays as of late?

Author:
Miss Julie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:23:25 11/07/06 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: I put up our tree tonight...what a BIG job that was! I started at 10:00 and it's 2:00 am now and I'm still not done! I gotta get off the coffee & Bailey's...LOL...maybe I'll work faster! OOoooh, while I was doing that, I put in the "You've Got Mail" version of Shop Around the Corner...okay, this lil' elf is going to sleep...;)

Author:
Miss Julie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:03:02 11/08/06 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Aww, your niece is like Laura, they appreciate home so much more, after being away. No plays for her these days...too much homework! She will be getting involved in her school's theatre dept. though, next semester...i think it will be good for her. Oh my....Miss J~, you make me feel like the slow tortoise (seeing as the forum still has one foot in Halloween!) l'm so not ready for Christmas to be here yet!!! Maybe being further South, too... i brought some Bittersweet vine in the house, but still have a spider and pumpkins on the porch. And Laura wants the tree to be up when she comes in Jan., so i think i'll have to do it right before Cmas! Hey, but l'll have some of that Bailey's!!

Author:
Judi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:47:59 11/12/06 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.