VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: Yesss, it was the one with Jimmy & Margaret. I loved the shop owner, too! He was a real character...and oh, the young feller who was the shop's delivery boy...he was somethin' else! Wasn't SZ Sakall also the Wizard in W of Oz??? BTW, I thought the remake with Meg Ryan & Tom Hanks was quite cute, too. I am a sucker for cutesy flicks:)

Author:
Miss Julie
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 23:44:39 11/06/06 Mon
In reply to: Judi...just rambling.. 's message, "P.S....Ohh, Budapest! That would be Jimmy and Margaret Sullavan. i remember Bob Osborne saying that it was adapted from a Hungarian play, and Ernst Lubitsch wanted it to be set in Budapest....i think there was some disagreement on that, but he won out. l forget the name of the Van Johnson/lrene Dunne one.....i prefer the one you saw, except l'd like to see SZ Sakall (the shop owner) in both...he's cute!" on 21:47:51 11/02/06 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Oh, so am i! (cutesy films) Actually, SZ was in the remake, with Van Johnson. He's the fat-faced Hungarian who's cheeks they always tweaked. The one you're thinking of was...ummmhummm...i think, Frank Morgan? And yup, he was also in the Wizard. Oh yeah, the young guy, he was a card. And i also love Felix Breshart (sp) but again, which one was he in...not sure! He played the unassuming clerk, kind of nerdy. ii

Author:
Judi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:04:15 11/07/06 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: BTW, i finally looked up the remake of 'Shop', and the title is 'ln the Good Old Summertime', with Van Johnson and Judy Garland...and S.Z. Many say it's a poor copy, but i feel it has it's moments....i do like 'Cuddles', and the music aspect of this one appeals to me. if i had to vote for one, it'd be 'Shop', but 'Summertime' is wonderful, as well.

Author:
J*
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:10:20 11/15/06 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.