VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: Midge is the artist.....

Author:
Kimmie
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:40:35 11/19/06 Sun
In reply to: Judi....oh no....now l'm ready to see it for the zillionth time!! 's message, "Oh, i know, so do i! They're good together. One of th many scene i love in Vertigo, is the one where he saves her from drowning...he brings her back to his place, and you know there's something up with her, but don't know what...and you want to tell Jimmy, 'Just forget the gig and leave her alone...you know she'll be trouble!' Oh, and don't you feel sorry for Barbara (the artist)? She really loves him and stands by him...i thought her character was cool." on 14:12:31 11/15/06 Wed

and to be honest, I felt sorrier for Judy than I did for Midge. Sometimes Midge got on my nerves because she was sort of like, I don't know, playing with Scotty's feelings as if it didn't matter, like when she drew herself on Carlotta Valdez' body.....

I sort of felt sorrier for Judy when he tried to change her into Madeline (not who she really was) and Judy just wanted to be loved so badly, that she let him do it. Such a pity and low sense of self.....and then she dies.....

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Oh yes, Midge...Barbara Bel Geddes played her. Hmm, well my take on her was that she was an independent woman, but that she felt more than she wanted to let on...that she wanted HlM to come to her....and yeah, that WAS a big mistake to paint that image, but maybe she just did it out of exasperation for his obsession. But i DlD feel sorry for Judy as well (Oh man, l LOVE to hear him croon my name!!!) because you're right, that she let herself be made over, even though she knew she wasn't being true to herself. That was a very emotion-laden scene...how she felt, and also Scotty's mad obsession....intense scene!

Author:
Judi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:12:20 11/19/06 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Oh yes, Midge...Barbara Bel Geddes played her. Hmm, well my take on her was that she was an independent woman, but that she felt more than she wanted to let on...that she wanted HlM to come to her....and yeah, that WAS a big mistake to paint that image, but maybe she just did it out of exasperation for his obsession. But i DlD feel sorry for Judy as well (Oh man, l LOVE to hear him croon my name!!!) because you're right, that she let herself be made over, even though she knew she wasn't being true to herself. That was a very emotion-laden scene...how she felt, and also Scotty's mad obsession....intense scene!

Author:
Kimmie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:20:15 11/26/06 Sun

She's the quintessential NON-feminist in this movie, she allows herself to be remade for another man.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: So true!! i wonder, would i have let him do that to me? Even as far as the grey suit and bun?? Hmmm, i like to think not....but....=0

Author:
J8...no sledding in here!! ;P i have to catch up, been away too long (have had a fractured molar, aeeeeeee!!!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:17:13 12/13/06 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.