VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: Christmas/holiday movies

Author:
Judith
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:03:12 12/14/06 Thu

Anyone watching any?? i've seen a few, but besides Christmas in Connecticut, nothing too great. Will have to watch the Thin Man sometime soon....to see Nick Charles slingshot the Christmas tree, through the viewfinder of his slippers, and Nora lounge about the hotel in her new full-length fur coat!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Every year at this time I watch the MGM 1938 "A Christmas Carol" starring Reginald Owen as Scrooge. I prefer this to all the other versions because it takes fewer liberties with the book than most, and those it does flesh out the supporting characters--such as Tiny Tim and Scrooge's nephew Fred--far better than other movies. This is one of the few where Tiny Tim is a genuine character I can relate to and not just a "prop," as he seems in most movies. The ending where Scrooge showers Tim's family with gifts and everyone thinks he's crazy is an amusing bit of business that's not in the book but fits the movie perfectly. Highly reccommended.

Author:
Conrad, Author "Old School Romance" from Vintage Romance Publishing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:09:05 12/15/06 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: We make a tradition of watching It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas eve...but this time, I got to see it at least 3 times in duration. Another fave is def Miracle on 34th St...it's heartwarming I think. Of course there is always the different versions of The Christmas Carol...my fave is the one with Alastair Sim.

Author:
Miss Julie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:20:35 12/28/06 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.