VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: A Raisin in theSun!

Author:
Judith
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:30:33 04/11/07 Wed

I guess everyone's busy, but I'm throwing a few things out, just in case someone pops back in.
I won't write much now, been a busy day, but HAD to mention that I saw A Raisin in the Sun again, after many years. Wow, there was so much I'd forgotten, and I sat in AWE of the acting ability of ALL the cast, but most especially of Sidney Poitier and Claudia McNeil!!! Wow....they did not allow you that detatched comfort space, that one can usually get when the tension climbs too high...nope, you were THERE; I was there, in the midst of their intense struggle.
Sidney was an emasculated man, who was desperately seeking his place of respect in the family....there were times that you felt uneasy, that he was about to explode! And his mom was a proud, wise woman who'd worked in kitchens all her life, and normally had calm guidence to give...except for a scene where she had taken more than she could stand, and appeared as a mountain (volcano) beginning to quake from her feet, up and up, till you thought she'd self-destruct. GREAT actor, and we never hear of her.
Take another look, if you haven't seen it in a while!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: A must see, intense film

Author:
J*
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:29:40 05/24/07 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.