VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: Turkish Re-makes

Author:
Conrad
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:04:02 05/20/07 Sun

Since I've come to prowl You Tube, I made a strange discovery; evidently there's a thriving movie industry in Turkey that for a number of years has been making their own versions of films popular here in America. The most well known (now get this) is "Turkish Star Wars," which seems on its way to gaining a cult status through You Tube and now My Space, both of which have numerous videos made from the film in their video selections. In You Tube there's also scenes from the "Turkish Wizard of Oz," "Turkish Superman," "Turkish Dracula" and others, and a re-make of "Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein" called "Ismail Yassin Meets Frankenstein (1953)." On My Space I've seen scenes from the "Turkish Mad Max" too. I kid you not, this is all true.

The one that seems closest to the original is the "Turkish Wizard of Oz" far as the way the characters look, but it's odd seeing the scene where they meet the Wizard for the first time and instead of the "Great and Powerful Oz" routine, they simply see a sinister skull on an altar of some kind. The special effects in all these films is definitely not up to Hollywood standards, and in fact the "Turkish Star Wars" uses footage from the original Star Wars for the outer space sequences, such as the space ships and so forth. Still, it is fascinating seeing familiar films redone in a different fashion.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Turkish Wizard of Oz! It sounds intriguing, with the skull and all. I'll bet they're fun to watch!!

Author:
J*
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:46:44 05/24/07 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.