VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:29:41 07/14/08 Mon
Author: Larry
Subject: Well now, here’s a first

Some of you may have noticed Gwinnett voters usually elect Republicans to the BOE. Actually, I think the last non-Republican board member was Daniel Webster, a Whig.

Predictably, in the face of certain defeat, there haven’t been a lot of Democrats willing to run for a BOE seat. As a close personal friend of mine (that’d be Bob Dylan, not Rose McGowan) once said, the times they are a-changin’. Here are a few facts ranked by increasing WTF factor:

* There are Democrats running for BOE seats this year.

* Two of these Democrats are running in the same district, creating the first Democratic primary for a BOE seat in recent (2 or 3 thousand years) memory.

* The Democratic primary is in District V.

For those of you who haven’t chocked on your Dewar’s yet, the winner of tomorrow’s primary will face 35 year incumbent board member Louise Radloff in the November general election.

Most people are enamored by gold. Personally, I prefer brass – which these two guys have in abundance.

Let the games begin!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.