VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:09:28 08/16/08 Sat
Author: Larry
Subject: Yeah, but that would have ruined the effect
In reply to: terri 's message, "wish you hadn't gone there." on 07:38:55 08/15/08 Fri

Along with what I expect are a few other readers, I suspect these two would have spent their way to the poor house if they had no kids. You know, the type that wins the lottery and ends up broke two years later.

Other readers will notice their own entire annual income is far less than this couple spent sending their kids to private school. Yet, the editorial sites ďthe injustice in punishing kids like mineĒ because the author canít afford the same things most folks canít afford either, and feels she is entitled to money from families that operate on a fraction of their income.

Most will cherry pick facts to support whatever opinion they had on vouchers before the editorial was published.

Being somewhat different, what I enjoyed about the editorial has nothing to do with arguments for or against vouchers or even education per se. No, what I enjoyed was the perfect irony (one of my favorite hobbies).

The obvious intent of the editorial was to provide a specific example of a family that needs public education funds to spend on their own children with no strings attached and zero oversight. Had the author simply demonstrated her lack of money management skills, it would have amounted to nothing more than a poorly written editorial. But, she went far beyond that, into the Land of Irony.

This woman specifically and exclusively used their inability to manage their personal education funds to make the case that they should be allowed to manage public education funds. Itís irony in its finest hour.

Either this woman doesnít talk to her own children or their private school of choice does a poor job covering persuasive writing techniques.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.