VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:37:25 08/26/08 Tue
Author: Larry
Subject: Not ready for prime time

It appears as if my comments didnít meet the standards of that other message board some of us use. I even removed some of the more pointed, rather direct observations concerning the intellectual capacity of some people. Letís see if the moderator of this board removes it.

The subject is Gwinnett NAACP branch president J P Portalatinís demand for an apology from Alvin over comments he made about a report that measured the ethnic makeup of discipline hearings against that of the general student population. I donít recall all the nasty stuff I deleted, but here is exactly what I submitted (including tpyos):

Since Portalatin strives to be so inclusive in his advocacy for civil rights, Iím surprised he would take such an obvious anti-Asian position.

The largest disparity between population and disciplinary action, by a large margin, is Asian students, who make up over 10 percent of the student population, but are involved in less than 3 percent of disciplinary panels. Evidently, Portalatinís fix for this problem is to expel more Asian students, not because they did anything wrong, but to make a reportís numbers look correct.

Portalatin should issue a public apology for his clearly anti-Asian position, resign his position and undergo voluntary sterilization. Speaking of whichÖ

According to this report, another under-disciplined group is multi-racial, which include Portalatinís own children. If he feels so strongly about making a reportís number line up, he should insist his own children be expelled. Did the AJC miss this demand?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.