VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:08:53 12/29/08 Mon
Author: Larry
Subject: I hope you're well rested
In reply to: jim 's message, "Re: Thinking day one or day two" on 06:08:41 12/28/08 Sun

After the BoE used your logic and your exact words to announce the demise of the original Gateway (keep this point in mind), we now have our next job - the MRT.

The MRT a.k.a. Mathematics Reasoning Test, a.k.a. Son of Gateway was not a high stakes test this year, but it will be next year. It's the same deal as the original Gateway: locally developed, locally funded, ultra-secret, serves no purpose, PLUS it even includes the CPOG inspired automatic review process as standard equipment. Official details are available here and here.

The reason the BoE is spending money on this thing has nothing to do with education, but I think I know their real motive they miss us. I'm serious. It's the same love/hate mechanism that drives successful marriages.

Starting at "I do" plus 30 seconds, the ol' lady will bitch and moan about every single thing you do and say, which logically means she would be far happier without you. But when you go on a bender for a few days, does she celebrate your absence? No. She calls every bar on the East Coast, demanding your return, right? Same thing.

Further evidence of their true motive is found in the BoE's choice of words. They use "Gateway" to describe every test in existence from the CRCT to the Wasserman; every test except one the MRT. This is because of the deal I proposed at one of our Budget Bashes. As you will undoubtedly remember, I offered our silence in exchange for eliminating the Gateway which they did. Our detail oriented BoE knows you and I are men of honor who will keep their word, so they picked a new name for the next high stakes test.

The whole thing is just a thinly veiled plea for us to return and offer our constructive criticism and thoughtful insights at public meetings.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.