VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 01:38:10 01/09/09 Fri
Author: Larry
Subject: Watching the video Ė day 10
In reply to: jim 's message, "Larry" on 11:13:06 01/08/09 Thu

Sorry make you wait, but I just found out the thing has an audio track and I wanted to listen to it.

I wondered if Alvin was doing something like you mentioned (sick minds think alike?), but I canít find any evidence of it.

The whole IE2 thing is driven by the individual schoolís contracts as opposed to the entire system Ė a bit of irony Iíll get to in a minute. Although IE2 has specific targets specified in the contracts, the CRCT/AYP data used to measure individual schools is exactly the same data used for NCLB. The big difference is IE2 has no counterpart to NCLB standards for an entire school system. This means the schools that were cut donít exist as far as IE2 is concerned, for either assessment or sanctions. Individual schools without an IE2 contract will remain under the GCPS control regardless of what happens with schools which are under contract.

The ironic part is that the BoE jumped all over IE2, but actively lobbies to have state standards, like that 65% (or whatever the number is) thing applied to the entire system instead of individual schools.

There is obviously a reason for this, but I just havenít found it yet.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.