VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:05:50 01/09/09 Fri
Author: jim
Subject: OK Larry, I think I got it!!

NO NOT THE AUDIO!

The Gwinnett IE2 thing really makes sense when you think about, whether we like it or not.

Having gained the IE2 contract Gwinnett has placed individual schools on contract while they have maintained control allowing Alvin to punish or assist any school by allowing or not allowing transfers dumping lower performing students into an alternative school that will remain under NCLB requirements.

So what happens if the alternative school fails to make AYP? Well from what Ive read after failing to make it for 3 years they are required to write a School Improvement Plan and must offer Choice. (Whoopty Fn do)

Excuse me while I LOL.

Ok, Im back. So let me just explain the humor here. A student is sentenced to an alternative school that fails to make AYP and must offer choice. What exactly are his choices? Stay or quit? Wheres he gonna go, over to the next trailer?

On flip side, every other school under an IE2 contract will be able to dump their under performers off into the alternative school and be able to show vast improvements without doing anything but removing the crap.

Those vast improvements will then be played to the hilt during the next three-five election cycles, guaranteeing incumbent re-election and continued control for another 10-15 years

As much as I dispise the treachery I have to admit this is nothing short of pure f'n magic when it comes to showing improvement!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.