VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:21:17 09/07/09 Mon
Author: Larry
Subject: Out of the mouth of BoE chairmen…

It seems like only last week, I was getting real death threats from good flag-waving Americans because I refused to support using the greatest military force on the planet to invade a little, piss ant country that couldn’t scratch us on our worst day.

As a traitor and terrorist loving commie, it strikes me as odd that some of these good Americans have their flag underwear in a wad because the President of the United States wants to tell their kids that dropping out of school is a bad idea.

[NOTE: Some folks have raised legitimate concerns and it’s not my intent to insult you.]

At any rate, we have this disagreement between normal people and Real Americans (Copyright 2000-2008, The Bush Administration) over whether school children should be allowed to listen to the President of the United States.

Heather Darenberg covered this controversy for The Gwinnett Daily Post and interviewed GCPS Chairman Dan Seckinger, who hopefully won’t be mad at me for having a little fun at his expense. From Heather’s article:

DAN: How do you tell (the president) no?
ME: Geez Dan, with all the practice you’ve had telling CPOG “no”, I should think you’d have it down by now.

DAN: I just wish we had a president who understood we're trying to educate the kids.
ME: OUCH! You really don’t like the colored guy, do you?

DAN: We want the kids to respect the president.
ME: Telling them he doesn’t understand education is an odd way of showing it.

HEATHER (from her article): What he does not support is the president asking schools to take time out of the instructional day to hear the message.
ME: You choose to take time out of the instructional day to watch his inauguration, but now that he has something to say, it’s a problem?

DAN: I would have the same concern and problem with it if it was someone I wholeheartedly endorsed, such as Ronald Reagan.
ME: Whoa… this is really freaky -- and if I think something is freaky, you might want to reconsider you position.

Forget politics; I have concerns about ANY dead guy who wants to speak to public school kids. Like, who was the initial contact – the voices? They sometimes lie, you know.

Did the bubbles in Hooter’s urinal spell out a message?

Did some dream interpreter misunderstand your Friday night vision of elephant cheerleaders? I have dreams about cheerleaders too, but they generally look like Tanya, err, ah, I mean, Rose McGowan, and have no political implications.

Even if you had a valid contact, having 160,000 students lighting black candles to hear it is problematic. Ask your local Fire Marshall.

Dan, on behalf of concerned parents in Gwinnett, I ask you to:

Listen to reason.
Accept our compromise.
Let the President talk to the kids.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.