VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:22:30 09/14/09 Mon
Author: Larry
Subject: But if I really say it, the GDP won’t play it

This is a letter I sent to the GDP which, for some unthinkable reason (considering my knack for making a sharp point using humor), they decided not to publish. I thought a good lead would be Darrell Huckaby.... As Smart As Cotton.

The original editorial is here.

In the interest of fairness, I sent Mr. Huckaby a link to this post, in case he wants to criticize me for criticizing him for criticizing someone else’s… aw, never mind.

Here’s my letter:

Darrell Huckaby’s “I hate to admit it, but Boortz might be right” contains several factual inaccuracies about President Obama’s student address (not particularly noteworthy since he hardy invented misleading readers). No, his statement, “but some of the ‘suggestions’ for the kindergarten through sixth-grade students reportedly include …” is what piqued some of us with an IQ above aardvark bile.

Reportedly include? The only reason to use “reportedly” in lieu of a direct quote is he didn’t bother to read the suggested lesson plan he blasted.

Okay, let’s take a snapshot here. This teacher with 36 years experience who challenges his students “to find a factual basis for what they believe,” authored a 39 column inch scathing criticism of a tiny, two page document he never read, hence has no idea what it actually says. Incredible.

Since the Gwinnett Daily Post has some compelling reason (contractual obligations, negotiations for hostages or unflattering photographs of editorial staff) for running his stuff, you might consider using Huckaby’s creative writing skills in other current event areas.

For example, have Huckaby do your financial reporting. He could fabricate stock prices and then pen a fact based opinion as to why the market did what he said it did.

Better yet, make Huckaby a school sports reporter. After inventing final scores of games he didn’t attend, he could pen vivid descriptions of breathtaking plays that never happened. Yeah, that would be much better.

Why, I’ll bet that after the first Huckaby Sports Report, your reader communication will hit an all time high.

You’re welcome,
Larry Major

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.