VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:06:04 01/01/10 Fri
Author: Larry
Subject: This is why I no longer mention local funding
In reply to: Donald F. Valtman 's message, "Re: For those following this case" on 12:27:18 12/28/09 Mon

I understand the argument that funding of Commission Charter schools effectively uses local funds. It’s not so much that I disagree with this position, but it complicates the issue and is unnecessary.

Notice my hands will remain in plain view and not leave my arms:

O.C.G.A. §§ 20-2-2080 through 20-2-209 create and define the legal authority of the Georgia Charter School Commission.

Specifically, O.C.G.A. § 20-2-2091 states, For administrative purposes, including data reporting, student enrollment counting procedures, student achievement reporting, funding allocations, and related purposes as defined by the State Board of Education, commission charter schools should, consistent with department rules and regulations, be treated as contained within a single, state-wide local education agency.(emphasis added)

This is a black letter violation of the Georgia Constitution Article VIII Section V Paragraph I which defines the authority of local school boards and ends with the statement, “No independent school system shall hereafter be established.”

As far as I’m concerned, Alvin is being far too polite about this situation. The Charter School Commission is an unconstitutional entity; the charters it approved are void and the two operating Commission schools must either re-file for approval by a constitutional entity or cease operation.

No deals, no white flag, no compromise.

Other than that, I found the op-ed rather wimpy and rhetorical.

There is no such thing as the “choice” to violate the Constitution.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.