VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:53:29 01/15/10 Fri
Author: Larry
Subject: Yeah, but itís so much fun to watch
In reply to: jim 's message, "Re: Any guesses on thisÖ" on 07:44:17 01/13/10 Wed

I knew there was an appeal mechanism in place for Charter Commission decisions and supposed some of the denied applicants would appeal to the state BOE. But when the AJC ran their report on the appeals, I managed to misread it about a dozen times, getting more confused with each misreading.

Eventually, enough brain cells woke up and I realized one appeal wasnít from a denied applicant, but a school system appealing the commissionís decision to approve an application. Hopefully, the state was more prepared for this than I was, but thatís not the really weird part.

One of the denied applications currently under appeal was from a school that has been approved and operating for five years. There are only two possibilities and both seem equally remote.

Either-

The school altered its already approved, obviously valid petition before submitting it to the commission

-or-

The commission knowingly denied the exact application already approved by the state Ė which kinda hints at which way the appeal will go.

LSD sales must be hitting an all time low about now.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.