VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:23:01 01/25/10 Mon
Author: Larry
Subject: Congratulations, you hit the nail on the head
In reply to: jim 's message, "2010 Budget indicates" on 11:36:59 01/05/10 Tue

They used FY09, which is why the number is a couple bucks different, but they used a system wide per capita average, just like you said.

There are pages of justification for this method at the end of Ivy Prep’s motion for summary judgment, but they also use averages.

I’m not sure if my previous post was clear, but using averages ignores the fact that some students are far more expensive to educate than others. The cost to educate students in any given school could be much higher or much lower than the system wide average. Since QBE funding reflects adjustments for these various costs, they should have applied the ratio of local/state funding to the QBE funding for Ivy Prep to get the correct amount. Actually, the law requires local funding for charter schools (not commission schools) to be calculated based on their QBE funding.

Using an average is the “flawed methodology” mentioned in the complaint, so I expect Bowers will have quite a bit to say about it in the rebuttal.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.