VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 03:46:17 07/22/10 Thu
Author: Larry
Subject: Hey Deb
In reply to: deb 's message, "Hey Larry!!!" on 23:38:13 07/19/10 Mon

Hey Deb
Itís funny how things work out.

This message board is in its 10th year. The kids who took the first live Gateway are now adults and some are now raising their own kids Ė and donít even think about Concerned Grandparents of Georgia.

The year they deep sixed the last of the original Gateway, Jim and I did our usual act at the annual January budget meeting. When there were no other citizens at a public meeting, as there generally werenít at budget meetings, the BOE would actively debate us after our speeches. When GCPS issued the announcement a couple months later, they used Jimís arguments from the budget meeting, nearly word for word, to explain why they were ending the rest of the Gateway tests.

I thought it was hilarious not just because of what GCPS did, but I suspected Jim wasnít going to take it well. He didnít disappoint me. I was sitting there laughing while Jim was snorting and yelling. He probably wasnít really mad, itís just one of those things you have to do Ė but it was fun.

When Jim started this board (to replace the original Concerned Parents of Gwinnett board) it was one of the three main message boards devoted to education. Now, it is the last one standing in its original format. The guy knew what he was doing.

I argued with myself about what to put on the main web page, but the fact is Jim was actively involved in so many things that touched so many lives, his actions will stand as their own tribute and nothing I could write would be adequate.

Thanks for your post.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.