VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:05:06 03/10/07 Sat
Author: Cindi
Subject: HPV Vaccine Requirement?

Ok, Out of respect for Terri's position on this I have given this some thought. No hard feelings Terri, I understand your position on this subject.

My problem with this is "requirement". I realize that parents have the option to "opt out", so the choice still remains.

My view is this:
All other "required" vaccines are in place to protect the public at large. It is my understanding that HPV is not an airborne virus or something that can spread from one female to another. It is also my understanding that this virus has no affect on males. Therefore, in my opinion, making this a requirement is equal to making it a requirement for all children to only eat healthy foods, to wear a jacket when the temp. drops a certain degree, to exercise 30 min. daily, to take vitamins, ect...
These may be things that all good parents require in their households, but do we make it the law? We all want our children to be healthy and avoid health problems, but do we really want or need someone to decide for us the exact way to do that?

If one group of scientist documents that strawberries causes cancer and a minority group documents that it prevents cancer, are we going to except that the majority rules and make strawberries illegal?

If we require all girls of a certain age to take birth control pills, will this be considered acceptable? Could it be argued that this requirement protects the public at large from what some consider "unwanted children"??

Just a thought.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.