VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:45:01 04/06/15 Mon
Author: Kathleen
Subject: Back At It.....

I, too, am a Christian. But my Christianity takes a very different world view. I truly believe that Christ would be appalled by the way His leadership has been perverted to include using belief in Him as a bully club. We have just spent a week in church between Palm Sunday and Easter Day. We did not hear even one thing that led us to believe Jesus would take pride in being a Conservative Republican. This country was founded on the principles of religious freedom. The founding fathers may have been Christians but they were well aware that persecution based upon religious preference is destructive and made provisions to prevent its happening in the US. But not unlike the bible that has been cherry picked to death, the constitution is now being dissected to "prove" that our forefathers really meant that it is just fine to persecute people not to protect them as we were "misled" to believe. One of the things that is hard to understand about christian conservatives is their insistence upon imposing their beliefs on others. While I disagree with them, I would fight for their right to hold their own beliefs. They, on the other hand, seem bent on imposing those beliefs on others...politics is the manner they currently choose. They want LAWS to tell this wonderful country what we can and cannot do based upon their religious beliefs. Imagine if the tables were turned.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.