VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:41:28 04/12/15 Sun
Author: Denny Whalen
Subject: Re: Back At It.....
In reply to: Kathleen 's message, "Back At It....." on 05:45:01 04/06/15 Mon

How do separate religion and politics in this day and age? People seem so polarized in both arenas. Personally I embrace the looking out for the less fortunate and aiding the "disadvantaged ". Similarly I am opposed to government becoming involved in every aspect of our lives through mandated or legislated programs /laws. I guess you 'd say I was a middle of the road traveler. I don 't like or trust double talk --nor do I appreciate dishonesty, unethical behavior, thieft, people who break promises and do not honor oaths taken. When I enlisted in the military 54 years ago, I took the same oath to protect And preserve the Constitution anyone serving in public office swears to --and when I left active duty no one absolved me of that oath. I still feel I am bound to that oath and it bothers me greatly when those sworn break that faith and loyality. There is no law that says everyone must stand and recite the Pledge of Alligance, but it bothers me when they do not -same for paying proper respect when the National Anthem is played. It is like they are failing to honor the people who have made it possible for them to enjoy what they have come to feel entitled to by living in this country. It's hard for me to see people taking without contributing --but that is my problem.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.