VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:49:30 05/19/15 Tue
Author: Ron Mack
Subject: On the road again

I’m sorry for the delay in rejoining the stimulating and voluminous conversation that is always found on the forum, but I just recently returned home after spending a few weeks helping my son build his latest and nicest personal home. He lives in North Carolina and I find this state to be quite beautiful with great people and fantastic amenities. You can go from mountains in the west to ocean on the east with everything in between. We had a great time of hard work and interesting conversations as we built another testament to his design skills and building expertise. Among his varied and impressive resume, he is an accomplished and licensed contractor who has abilities and expertise in many aspects of construction. He is impressive to watch and work with. North Carolina, like many states in this area, has a large migrant population of Hispanic workers. After being alongside these groups for the duration, I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with their work ethic and skills. They arrive on time and leave late in the day after accomplishing their chores with a great attitude and tireless energies. One vendor even employed his wife and son to help him complete a job on time and done perfectly. It definitely put to rest many of the unfounded rumors regarding these workers. I would wish that this work ethic and level of commitment would extend to all workers in this country! On another note, I notice that the challenge made earlier of venturing into the “third rail” of talk on politics has landed with a resounding thud with no responses or rebuttal…sorry, but I had hoped to breathe some life back into our comatose conversations. However, Kathy, in regard to your conversation re Christianity and laws that seem to impede your actions, I have a hard time understanding this line of reasoning. You mention that for an entire week between Palm Sunday and Easter you did not hear one word that would convince you that Christ would be a Conservative Christian, whatever that really means! I would ask if you are restricting you concept of Christ to one week of sermons or is this the theme of your particular church. Have you done your own exhaustive study or do you just restrict yourself to what is fed from the pulpit? Just because a particular denomination “caters” to your apparent needs, that doesn’t mean that this church works with facts and/or doesn’t embellish the word to foster an agenda to be popular. Sometimes the truth hurts and when you don’t like the message you go elsewhere until you find a messenger that is more palpable. I also question the word” persecution” that you so eagerly throw around. I question how much real persecution you actually experience and ask you to live outside of the USA for a time to really experience this “persecution” you complain about especially at the alleged hands of Christians that want to “restrict your freedoms“. Really Kathy, not agreeing with your lifestyle is hardly persecution and when “your side” screams and yells in public, desecrates a church service in session to make a point, and parades in public shouting obscenities and flaunting themselves, that is not the way civil societies air their displeasures. Even though you may not participate as such, these actions taint the entire movement and only amplify the displeasure. What about laws that govern your speed on the highway, or your use of drugs or weapons…is that an infringement on your desires as well? I also take exception to the premise that “Christians” are trying to impose their beliefs on you and yours. I’m not sure about where you live, but Christians that I live with who are concerned about lifestyles and behaviors that seem unhealthy or “non-biblical” use education and non- confrontation to express our views…certainly not intimidation or force. The ballot box and/or legislative action is the solution in our republic, yet you even complain about this! I think your arguments are a bit out of touch and stale and are the common complaints we hear and are getting overused without much, if any, evidence. That being said, I agree we are on opposite sides of the argument, but does make for interesting discussion on items that will, most likely, never be settled. I guess we may just have to get used to the groove of obituaries and other such stuff on the forum… take care and enjoy the global warming!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.