VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:30:54 06/12/15 Fri
Author: Kathleen
Subject: Muriel Connerton (Ketchem)

We picked Muriel up at the bus depot on Wednesday. She had a conference at the Marrott thru the wkend. The depot is in a very seedy part of Buffalo and we were concerned for an 85 year old. Let me tell you, Muriel is 85 going on 55. We took her to lunch and got her settled in the hotel. We will take her to the depot when it is time for her to leave for Syracuse. Ironically, she was hopping right along while I hustled to keep up on my two canes. She was a remarkable teacher. Her Honors English class prepared me for college and led to my becoming an English teacher. Many of you shared that experience of having that brilliant lady as your teacher and/or were sufficiently blessed to be in the Senior Play..."All That Glitters...". She may be our only academic teacher still on terra firma. She looks as if she has a few decades left in her. We hope so!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.