VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:06:33 06/29/15 Mon
Author: Dave Agresti
Subject: The Views We Hold
In reply to: Dave Shickel 's message, "The Views We Hold" on 16:06:53 06/26/15 Fri

Hi Dave & Bonnie - You've touched upon an important self-evaluation we all should take. Logic, philosophy & faith, as Dave notes, are the venues of many issues people confront in their minds. I look back to my 400 students in my previous on campus classes, and now from 12-80 50+ year oldies I now teach in the Osher Lifelong Learning program. As crime has been the name of my game, I find many interested in wanting "Answers.". More older people than younger ones either want the answer or believe they already know the answer. The BIG Q. I'm frequently asked is "why do we have crime?" I don't have a singular answer, whether in a single sentence, paragraph or book.

I find that I spend a lot of time "unlearning" folks of their mis-beliefs. I've had hundreds of field trips to the crime lab, shooting range, weekend court hearings, and county jail & state prison visits. Once a student experiences the "here and now", they inevitably refocused their thoughts and beliefs beyond any class chat about the subject.

We all were at a special point in our lives in high school, and now we can sit back and evaluate our lives. Not that our lives are nearly over, but rather that it has gone through so many changes in these nearly 55 years.

I look to attend the 55th to especially see the few folks I associated with and the changes we've all made.

Tampa Dave

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.