VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:16:36 07/02/15 Thu
Author: Bonnie Barry
Subject: Re: The Views We Hold
In reply to: Dave Agresti 's message, "The Views We Hold" on 20:06:33 06/29/15 Mon

Hi Professor Dave,

Itís wonderful that you are still teaching especially to the Osher Lifelong Learners. Their programs are a constant source of new information, keeping all those little gray cells cycling.

Our local chapter attached to University of California Santa Cruz has about 800 members and benefits from classes and lectures by some of the nationís leading scientists in astrophysics, astronomy and cosmology, as well as literature, politics and other sciences. They also offer about 60 peer-led interest groups ranging from art to wine tasting. I usually go on a weekly 4-5 mile hike with the walking group and attend a monthly New Yorker Magazine reading group. If any of our classmates are lucky enough to have a group in their area, I canít recommend them more highly

Yesterday, I was chosen as a member of the Santa Cruz County Grand Jury to serve for one year. I was told that Florida is one of the few other states that has this type of Civil jury. Here it investigates city and county government operations, as well as detention facilities, and publishes reports to the community. Even though your specialty is the criminal side, you are probably familiar with it.

Iím also looking forward to the 55th reunion. Do we have a tentative date yet?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.