VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:59:28 07/21/15 Tue
Author: Dave Agresti
Subject: Central Tech teachers still with us.

Yesterday I came across a letter I received in 2005 from Coach Edwin Lukens. I had sent him a collection of yearbook pictures of him and the track & field teams he coached over the years. In the letter he included his phone number so I called him in 2005. Of all the teachers I had at Central 1959-61, Coach Lukens was the teacher I most admired. He never got mad or upset at any of us. I threw the discus and put the shot on the track team. I wasn't as good as Ron Duncan or Harry Hutt, but he treated me the same as them. Now, 10 years later, I wondered if he is still among us, so I called that number again. Lo and behold, in 2 rings he answered. His voice is still strong and at age 93 he still drives. He still remembers me so his mind remains sharp. Few know that he also was a Central grad back in 1940's. So was Coach Peter Helig. In past messages I learned that Muriel Ketchum, age 85 is also alive, but I'm not aware of any other teachers who can claim that fame besides our own Kathy Niles. Anybody know who else as a teacher is still around? If any of you wish to chat with Coach Lukens, email me and I'll give you his phone number. See you at the 55th if my luck holds out. Tampa Dave

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.