VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:00:10 08/02/15 Sun
Author: denny whalen
Subject: What goes around

Those more familiar with me know I spent a goodly portion of
my youth living with my grandparents-that portion between the time I was "kicked out of a foster home for being incorrigible" and aged out of the NY Dept of Social Services.
The years with my grandparents were the best, most stable of
my "tender" years.

I have two teenaged grandsons myself now, who have spent a period of nearly everyday of their lives with my spouse and I.
Naturally, I've tried to do for them as my grandparents did for me.

They have heard us talk of our travels and wanted to take a road trip with us. Last month they did. We had a grand time and surprisingly they didn't get bored out of their skulls with the hours spent eating up highway between destinations.
It was a whirlwind trip, due to other vacation plans with their parents. We covered over 5900 miles in nine days with stops at the cadillac farm outside Amarillo TX, Petroglyths in new Mexico,Painted Desert, Petrified Forest, Meteor Crater and Boulder Dam AZ , las Vegas,NV, Grand Canyon and Mesa Verde CO, and, oh yes, Graceland TN. They thought the drivers in TN were the worst, and both said they could skip TN and AR on any future trips. Both thought NM was the best. At least they left the door open for more road trips with the "old folks".

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.