VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:42:57 11/28/15 Sat
Author: shirley walker
Subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!!
In reply to: Kathleen 's message, "Re: Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!!" on 14:01:44 11/27/15 Fri

I got the note from Dave A. telling about Ed Luken's accomplishments etc. I forwarded it to my cousin who lives on Otisco Lake. She is the Supervisor of the town of Spofford which, I think, includes Bordino or at least abuts it. She is also the mover and shaker for the local historical society. These are excerpts of two of the responses I got from her. Not too promising -

Ed Lukens is a good friend and supporter of mine and I try to help him out as I can. I have become friends with Dave Reed, a lawyer who was also one of Ed's students who now is Ed's advisor, supporter and helper. Ed is 94 and lives alone so he is suffering the same mental lapses that afflict the very old who live alone, some paranoia, forgetfulness and not eating well. Until recently, Ed regularly contributed shot stories and jokes to the historical society newsletter. I have a copy of his book and would be glad to share it with you. Will put it in the mail some day next week. Ed's birthday is the first week in Dec and the historical society always has a dinner near that time so we always have a birthday cake for Ed. This year it will be Saturday night the 5th.

I would be glad to set up a meeting with Ed if you'd like but he is going down hill rapidly and doesn't always respond as we would like. I think his memory is failing more rapidly than anyone is willing to admit.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.