VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:50:28 12/13/15 Sun
Author: Dave Shickel
Subject: Re: Keeping Young
In reply to: Denny Whalen 's message, "Keeping Young" on 18:21:37 12/08/15 Tue

Interacting with young people can definitely help keep you young. My Kiwanis club recently "adopted" our local Infant Development Program organization to provide some financial and volunteer support. One of its programs involves working with developmentally disabled children up to age five. Last week two of our members and I went to the IDP building to read to some of the 3-5 year olds. My first time doing this. After I finished reading a book about a bear and hare encountering things of various colors during a walk in the park, half the kids rushed up to give me a hug. I attribute this to my grandfatherly visage rather than my reading skill. It was a rewarding experience and I'm looking forward to doing it again. I'm also our club advisor to the CKI club at Lock Haven University. CKI is the college-level Kiwanis sponsored leadership program like Key Clubs in high schools. I've been super impressed with the enthusiasm these young men and women display in taking on service projects on campus and within our community. Not hearing any complaints about micro aggressions or the need for trigger warnings or safe spaces on campus from them. They're too busy looking for ways to do good by doing good in their "spare time." So I'm with Denny. Getting involved with young people is good for you!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.