VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:00:55 11/05/16 Sat
Author: Denny Whalen
Subject: Special Page in Class News

It would appear that the forum is becoming the obituary page in our news"paper". As we make our transitions through life, I suspect this page will be filling more rapidly.It has been a journey of mixed experiences, has it not?

For some, it has been drudgery...an experience of a lifetime of the same day repeated Bill Murrayques manner (Groundhog Day), with tragedies and heartbreak, hard times and suffering, with only occasional bursts of sunshine and joy.

For others, it's been a ride of incredible wonder.

As a lifelong learner, I've had a life packed with truly rewarding discoveries, with rare disturbing incidents...so rare in arrival that I sometimes find myself waiting for ""the other shoe to drop".

I've had people comment that, given the turbulence of my childhood and adolescence, they were surprised at my optimism and success at overcoming or suppressing of those earler times. I have never felt I suffered or was deprived of anything meaningful. Perhaps I am wired emotionally, spiritually and intellectually different. On the otherhand, I may have been taught by example what is important in living.

For as long as I can recall, I have been buoyed by, for lack of better words, axioms absorbed along the track of my life..sayings and philosophies like: This, too, will pass; in every experience or challange, there is an important lesson; and my favorite, God does not subtract from the time of a man's life that he spends fishing.

I've grieved the loss of loved ones, especially the death of my youngest brother who showed me incredible faith and courage as he fought vainly against the brain tumor that took him away at the tender age of fourteen. His passing wounded me far more than the departures of my parents and grandparents. I recovered from the experience of unrequited love; enjoyed healing from physical injuries; recouped from relinquishing a career for which I felt great calling and passion; lost good friends and found new ones; became uprooted and moved countless times and adapted to new surroundings and situation.

Most people have experienced a similar roller coaster ride through life. Most have survived as I have. I feel more fortunate than some and no envy of those who have been more unfortunate. There's little I would change were I to be given the opportunity to do it all again.

It's been one hell of a great journey!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.