VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:50:24 09/21/17 Thu
Author: Ron Mack
Subject: Summer Recap

Summer Recap- It was always fun when the first few days of the new school year were spent either in the classroom or outside, reviewing what each and everyone did over the summer. Some took exotic vacations with family and/or friends and others just hung around the neighborhoods and enjoyed the local neighbors. We were often surprised to learn about new places and things to do and it often made us yearn for new horizons and gave us the ambition to do more and bigger things with our lives. This often led to the people we knew achieving things we never thought them capable of and gave us a new level of respect and awe for the capabilities of our friends and classmates. Our class at SCTHS is no different as I read of the lives of those who took different paths and the successes and failures we all endured. It often makes for great conversation at class reunions and the like when we can get the amazing details of our friends/classmates from their mouths directly. This is what makes school gatherings so fulfilling and makes the forum a great place to fill in the spaces between formal reunions. Unfortunately, the forum has fallen on current times of a lack of involvement and candor…perhaps we can change that and get back to the chatter of the past and pick up where we left off…here’s hoping. I went back over some of the comments on the forum within the last few months and would like to comment/expand on a few. I trust you pick up the tone and also share your feelings on some of these topics. In April 2017 there was a lively discussion between Pat Bombardo and Bonnie Barry with a bit of mud slinging and terse comments. I knew Pat at Porter and his is quite a perceptive and rational person. I agree with his comments and conclusions, but fear some didn’t like his frankness and premise. Oh well, so much for discourse on both sides…it appeared that a concept you believe in with good evidence, isn’t good enough for an opinion. I, also, did not see much acrimony or bad taste going around school during my time there, but, I was not privy to regular visits to the ladies locker room so I guess I missed the “good stuff”. In August, Dave Shickel gave the class a challenge to continue class reunions till the very end of our existence, which I have often thought was a neat idea. Sort of like the WWII Doolittle Raiders, who had a goblet for each member, turned it over when one died, and the last remaining member would drink from the expensive bottle of scotch remaining as a toast to the fallen. However, with the current malaise within the class as seen in the waning attendance at reunions, I don’t see that idea being accepted- too bad, I would enjoy future gatherings of the class and would hope Dave’s idea catches on. My summer has been great…numerous trips to Alaska with friends and family are always enjoyed. Weather in Washington state has been dry and sunny, similar to that remembered in California. Rain has just begun and it is a welcome ingredient soon to be followed by our weaken response to fall foliage. It is difficult to beat New England or the mountains of the southeast for fall foliage, but we do our best with a few hardwoods here and there. I trust the rest of our class has had a safe and pleasant summer and are looking forward to an enjoyable fall. Thank you to those who posted the pics and info on the mini reunion, it appears there is a strong contingent of locals that keep up the SCTHS school spirit…someday I hope to attend one in the future. Until later, keep the faith and stay healthy and, for those affected by the storms and hurricanes, we offer our prayers and wishes for safety and good outcomes. Chao!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.