VoyForums

Fri, Oct 19 2018, 2:46:22VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: Benjamin/Absolom/Lucy Cleveland

Author:
Nate Bryant
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thu, Jun 11 2009, 12:32:06

My name is Nathan Bryant and I live in Port Townsend Washington.
I am beginning my research to Apply for membership in the Sons of The American Revolution, and am writing to request assistance.

I am seeking the names of Lucy Clevelands Oldest Sons, and any info on Lucy, her marriage to Micajah Bryant and the location of her Grave.

It is my belief that my family is decended from Col. Benjamin Cleveland. I shall follow this with "The short version" of my conclusion, and "The Question" that will tie it together and thus enable me to apply for membership in Sons of The American Revolution.
Here is my belief, as it applies to my family connection to Col. Benjamin Cleveland:

Col.Benjamin Cleveland
Absolom Cleveland- Son of Benjamin Cleveland
Lucy Cleveland-Daughter of Absolom Cleveland.Married Micajah Bryant {Migrated to North Georgia 1820's) Lucy is Col.Ben's Grandaughter and I contend, my GGGGrandmother.

Nathan R Bryant-b.1818 d.1883-My GGGrandfather- I have verified that he is my GGGrandfather, and have found and visited his Grave in Bethlehem Cemetery Sonoraville Georgia.
It is quite possible that Micajah and Lucy(Cleveland) Bryant are buried in this cemetery as well. There is census evidence that Micajah and Lucy lived out their life in the Sonora Georgia area.In the row of (Nathan R.) Bryant graves, there are 6 or 7 unmarked burials and as such, may well include Micajah and Lucy's final resting place..
James Vernon Bryant-b.1853-d.1921-My GGrandfather
Harley Ober Bryant-b.1890-d.1950-My Grandfather
Gerald Watson Bryant b.1921- d. 2008-My Father
Nathan H Bryant- ME b.1962

My Internet Genealogy research runs cold at the Names of Lucy and Micajah Bryants 2 oldest children- My Belief is that they are Nathan R Bryant and Ira Bryant. Verifiable by age and sex on the oldest census records( in Cass County{now Bartow)Georgia)as being in Micajah/Lucy Household as children......
The oldest census records show them in Micajah/Lucy household in columns by age and sex. Spouse/children were not named in oldest census
Micajah/Lucy show up in many later census, and in the later census's, their younger children are named( often)

Nathan R Bryant-(and Ira Bryant) being the 2 oldest sons( my theory) naturally had grown up and were adults at the time of the later census' ( The ones that name Micajah and Lucy's younger children.)

My Question is:
Can we verify that Nathan R Bryant is indeed the Great Grandson of Col. Benjamin Cleveland ?

If I can verify that, my eligibility to the SAR is , in my opinion ,assured.

Any Help or Info that you could provide is greatly appreciated
Thank You,
Sincerely
Nathan H Bryant Email N870@Hotmail.com
Port Townsend, Wa

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.