VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:56:43 06/06/17 Tue
Author: Thanks
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 204.80.213.163
Subject: Thank you for your view point... that makes sense. We still plan on placing near 50% so hopefully the generous awards will make things better.
In reply to: 's message, "Not the above poster: Splitting at 26 still leaves the possibility for a competition of 25, which some think is too high and should not be more than 20. I am not of this school of thought and believe 26 to be more than appropriate but just recapping the discussions I've seen on this topic before." on 17:26:47 06/06/17 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Splitting at 26 is not generous, as you advertised, but it is pretty standard for this region, unfortunately. I only know of 1 Feis that splits higher. Most other regions split lower though. Placing 50% is generous though. I'm sure the kids will appreciate the 12th place ribbons. -- No name, 21:54:41 06/07/17 Wed (NoHost/107.77.87.27)

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Not to be argumentative - but I do want to deal with facts. A simple review of QuickFeis or Feisworx alone shows that there are at least 10 Feises in Mid-America that have splits higher than the MG Feis, and there are Feises that have splits lower than ours. Short of giving a medal to every dancer and eliminating the word "competition"; you're not going to please everyone. -- There are some people who will never be happy., 12:51:49 06/08/17 Thu (NoHost/204.80.213.163)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> I have never been to one that splits higher than 26. I think the OP point was that it was advertised as "generous" splits. IMO that would lead me to think closer to splitting at 20 or 22. NBD. -- No name, 22:04:28 06/08/17 Thu (d53-64-7-202.nap.wideopenwest.com/64.53.202.7)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> I agree. This is a competition. My dd wants to be measured against as many dancers as reasonable. A competition of 28-30 is reasonable to me for a feis and for judges to manage. Dancing in groups of 3 would be 9-10 groups of dancers on stage with good timing for shoe changes. -- No name, 14:31:08 06/10/17 Sat (96-84-98-66-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net/96.84.98.66)

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (optional):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.