VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:55:59 06/17/17 Sat
Author: No name (BEST YET)
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 107.77.83.121
Subject: MG feis

I've been going to the Mullane feis with my daughter for many years. Bye far this has always been her favorite feis. This year especially I personally think it ran the smoothest. Loved the moose mascot and new trebble reel competition such cute ideas!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I agree. Great Feis. Grades ran smoothly and had generous placements. Champs had nine different judges with tons of personal feedback just before Nationals. -- No name, 08:26:51 06/18/17 Sun (cpe-75-86-142-119.wi.res.rr.com/75.86.142.119)

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Judge rotation -- No name, 15:10:43 06/18/17 Sun (dial1-125.ncats.net/199.176.230.125)

I agree that the Feis ran really well and was very quick for grades, and we do love all of the MG competitions. While it was nice for Champs to have the nine different judges, at least one of the grades stages had the the same judge all day (and she gave no comments/ suggestions - which when they dance 3 at a time is probably difficult to do). Regardless of which Feis we are at, and I realize it goes more quickly this way, dancing 3 at a time on a standard stage is very crowded. Wasn't an issue in the younger ages, but as they get older and the legs get longer you can see the dancers holding back because of lack of space, and of course they are all trying to be at the front. Overall, nice Feis...see you at Halloween!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Agree. Just too tight and confining for older girls and boys to do 3-at-a-time on standard grades stages. I hate it when feises do this. -- no name, 20:14:48 06/18/17 Sun (d149-67-101-70.try.wideopenwest.com/67.149.70.101)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Love MG, but wouldn't have registered if I had known grades would dance three at a time... -- No name, 22:42:14 06/18/17 Sun (c-24-13-255-26.hsd1.il.comcast.net/24.13.255.26)

Regardless of age, once the dancers are leaping, kicking and throwing birds across the stage, this becomes a safety issue. Safety aside, I imagine it is very difficult for one judge to fully watch three dancers at the same time, and provide comments. The results always seem wonky, and feedback is minimal. Great feis, but I hope they rethink this change!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Since all grades were done by 2pm, I think we can definitely accommodate these suggestions and reduce it 2 at time for the older age groups ... that is a fair request ... rough math shows it would extend the day about 90 minutes longer meaning we would still be done by 3:30pm with grades -- Watch the Halloween Feis Syllabus for details... MG Committee, 10:58:49 06/19/17 Mon (NoHost/204.80.213.163)

[ Edit | View ]

[> I agree! Fabulous feis! Ran very smooth. Excited for Halloween! -- cheers to MG!!!, 11:48:15 06/19/17 Mon (NoHost/12.68.169.226)

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (optional):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.