VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:58:28 06/19/17 Mon
Author: A little heartbroken
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 76.190.131.181
Subject: After 23 yrs of Irish dance, my last dancer has decided to stop competing. This has been harder for me than I expected, but a lot of my social life has also been focused around them dancing. Wishing everyone all the best at Nationals, enjoy this time while it lasts.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> It doesn't have to end here! If there is a local feis in your area, volunteer to be on the committee! Your retired dancers may even join you.. -- I don't plan to "retire" when my dancer does:-), 13:29:06 06/20/17 Tue (cpe-65-189-55-125.cinci.res.rr.com/65.189.55.125)

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> When my DD announced the first time she was quitting, I realized how much it affected me... -- (more), 15:53:32 06/20/17 Tue (wea.xcelenergy.com/192.234.135.34)

Fortunately she realized she wasn't ready to quit (danced for 3.5 more years before injury forced her retirement), and my DS is still dancing. But it made me realize that I had to have an "exit" plan as well, knowing how much our dance family has meant to me.

I agree with the above poster, still plenty of involvement for you, should you choose -- volunteer at feis, in the studio, etc. For me, I'd love to me a "feis mom" to parents going to their first major as a support/resource/cheerleader (or wine holder! ha ha).

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> This is eactly what i have done. There is no way I could just cut ties to the ID community. I love to volunteer, am active in NAFC, attend and help with peformances at the dance school, and support my friends who have kids still dancing. -- Irishmama, 18:30:11 06/20/17 Tue (99-105-85-15.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net/99.105.85.15)

Of course I also have time to pursue some of my own interests now too, but I love the Irish dance community.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Can you virtually hold my hand? -- No name (First time at a major mom), 15:10:30 07/02/17 Sun (pool-96-253-111-217.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net/96.253.111.217)

So, and knowledge or insights to share for a first timer headed to NANS in a few days? Been told the logistics, but anything you learned over the years you could share to guide a first timer?

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (optional):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.