VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:53:32 06/20/17 Tue
Author: (more)
Author Host/IP: wea.xcelenergy.com / 192.234.135.34
Subject: When my DD announced the first time she was quitting, I realized how much it affected me...
In reply to: A little heartbroken 's message, "After 23 yrs of Irish dance, my last dancer has decided to stop competing. This has been harder for me than I expected, but a lot of my social life has also been focused around them dancing. Wishing everyone all the best at Nationals, enjoy this time while it lasts." on 20:58:28 06/19/17 Mon

Fortunately she realized she wasn't ready to quit (danced for 3.5 more years before injury forced her retirement), and my DS is still dancing. But it made me realize that I had to have an "exit" plan as well, knowing how much our dance family has meant to me.

I agree with the above poster, still plenty of involvement for you, should you choose -- volunteer at feis, in the studio, etc. For me, I'd love to me a "feis mom" to parents going to their first major as a support/resource/cheerleader (or wine holder! ha ha).

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> This is eactly what i have done. There is no way I could just cut ties to the ID community. I love to volunteer, am active in NAFC, attend and help with peformances at the dance school, and support my friends who have kids still dancing. -- Irishmama, 18:30:11 06/20/17 Tue (99-105-85-15.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net/99.105.85.15)

Of course I also have time to pursue some of my own interests now too, but I love the Irish dance community.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Can you virtually hold my hand? -- No name (First time at a major mom), 15:10:30 07/02/17 Sun (pool-96-253-111-217.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net/96.253.111.217)

So, and knowledge or insights to share for a first timer headed to NANS in a few days? Been told the logistics, but anything you learned over the years you could share to guide a first timer?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (optional):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.