VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:57:48 09/24/17 Sun
Author: No name
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 107.77.76.35
Subject: Experience at Pittsburgh Feisianna

After 21 years of feising(with multiple family members), this weekend was my first trying a Pittsburgh feisianna. I'm not sure if it's the hosting school or association with Efeis but the experience has not been a positive one. 1) $50 to change one dance (100$ for the weekend). The same price as it is to register 2) Grades awards lines 1/2 hour long 3) Two hour wait for grades results 4) Never receiving email of results for day 1, emailed both efeis and the feis host regarding 5) Putting all dances for a level/age group on one stage and moving one of them to another stage causing dancers to miss the dance. Posting now as I know registration for Pittsburgh Winterfeis is upcoming and I would've appreciated the feedback before attending this weekend.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Hope you watched some of the brilliant dancing on the championship stage -- While you 'endured' a wait for awards?! Was a Fab Feis!, 18:10:34 09/24/17 Sun (NoHost/74.112.3.251)

Weren't you lucky your child won something? Well done to the organising committee and all their fantastic volunteers for another great double Feis weekend

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> No I didn't, But I'm glad that was a positive for you. Thst also wouldn't be a deciding factor on attending a feis or not for me either as I see amazing dancing at lots of feisianna and majors. Some positives I saw were unique and nice champ prizes, and generous costume contest prizes. -- No name, 18:42:09 09/24/17 Sun (NoHost/205.197.242.31)

[ Edit | View ]

[> Response from feis -- Jg, 19:52:01 09/24/17 Sun (pool-71-162-23-171.pitbpa.east.verizon.net/71.162.23.171)

I'm sorry to hear that u did not have a positive experience over the weekend.Admittedly we had s few minor issues-however many people. Omplimented me on the feis being well run and timely
On both days grades were completed before 1 ish and many had been done by lunch.For the most part results were lightening fast but a few mistakes were made and it therefore wasn't 209 percent
In regards to moving dancers., we did this in Sunday and I was the one responsible - I believe dancers checked in at their stage and I walked them to the next stage this is common practice. We can improve on making sure awards are given out more quickly. Naturally I would prefer if you send. Obstructive criticism comments to me directly and I can discuss same with committee members and improve on same for future Feiseanna.you can reach me directly at kayaks201@verizon .net or 7246895240
On a personal level my granddaughter danced in Sat and I received her results on sat eve.Both my granddaughters danced today however I havnt received results yet
I have not received any emails from you prior to the feis. If I had I would have responded.I respectfully ask you to send some positive suggestions that we can use to improve and I'll be sure to act upon same.Perhsps then you can try coming to our next feis and see if we have followed up on the suggestions.
Best regards
Jim

[ Edit | View ]

[> I have 5 years of experience with Pittsburgh feises, attending 2-5 per year. Of course there have been glitches and complaints along the way, as there are with any feis. If this is your first experience, I recommend you give it one more try. I have generally found them to be well run, seasonally fun, and highly competitive. -- No name, 20:31:51 09/24/17 Sun (c-73-236-242-18.hsd1.pa.comcast.net/73.236.242.18)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Thanks for the feedback :) -- No name, 20:37:11 09/24/17 Sun (76-217-175-123.lightspeed.livnmi.sbcglobal.net/76.217.175.123)

[ Edit | View ]

[> We have come from Canada to Pittsburgh for these feises for years because they are well run with good prizes. I would say if you had one bad experience, try it again. I think if you are in this sport long enough you may have one bad experience at every feis you attend -- Love Pittsburgh Feises - will be back, 10:18:04 09/25/17 Mon (uwo-csl12470.nca.uwo.pri/129.100.33.131)

[ Edit | View ]

[> This was our first time attending a Pittsburg feis. The venue was fabulous, as was the communication. The schedule wasn't perfect and all of the dancers in my daughter's competition had to move stages unexpectedly because of a glitch with the musician. Jim did an amazing job communicating what was going on. Our awards and results were timely (and they had to move them due to conflicting set dances with some of the dancers). This was a really great feis! We would definitely come again! -- dance mom, 13:01:32 09/25/17 Mon (CPEbc4dfb552843-CMbc4dfb552840.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com/99.247.32.7)

[ Edit | View ]

[> Nothing new under the sun, we dropped the Pittsburg feis from our circuit years ago for similar complaints and more. To be fair, Feisanna that we like, others might not like, if you try to please everyone you will end pleasing no one -- #BoycottNFL, 10:40:42 09/26/17 Tue (cpe-45-36-69-195.triad.res.rr.com/45.36.69.195)

[ Edit | View ]

[> Not sure where you experienced a two hour wait for grades results. Saturday was a bit slower than Sunday, but Sunday all grades were done dancing by noon. A lot of dancers/families wait to check/receive awards unti the very end and the volunteers did the best they could in that situation. -- No name, 13:48:02 09/26/17 Tue (NoHost/128.147.28.1)

[ Edit | View ]

[> I have attended many Pittsburgh Feisanna and found them well run on the whole, Of course, glitches can happen any time but we have generally been happy. -- ..., 19:57:14 09/26/17 Tue (d27-96-13-121.nap.wideopenwest.com/96.27.121.13)

[ Edit | View ]

[> LOVE LOVE LOVE all Pittsburgh Feisanna. I have been feising my DD's for 10 years over 4 regions. No one is more accommodating than Jim. Sometimes stage schedule is not the best, but venue is great, fun extras for the kids. We never miss. Sorry your experience was not the same. I'd say try again, and ask Jim on spot if you have concerns. -- ADA, 09:37:00 09/27/17 Wed (NoHost/63.66.64.246)

[ Edit | View ]

[> I have to add my voice to say we go to as many Pittsburgh competitions as we can. This past weekend, my daughter really enjoyed the music session with Dave and, darn I forgot his name. It was the highlight of her weekend, playing songs and listening to stories. I was so grateful for the way they encouraged her! -- No name, 14:31:42 09/27/17 Wed (cpe-184-56-143-251.neo.res.rr.com/184.56.143.251)

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (optional):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.